• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Enclosed trailer/Toy Hauler Conversion

Yeah, my door was made the full height of the trailer (even with the added height) so if I eventually get an awning it'll just need to be mounted behind the door.

I would love some in floor storage on my but I ordered my trailer with crossmembers on 12" centers.
I guess I could do a little fab work and get one in there.

I would love some in floor storage on my but I ordered my trailer with crossmembers on 12" centers.
I guess I could do a little fab work and get one in there.
Mine are on 16" centers. I didn't want to lose any width by adding a premade box so I used the crossmembers themselves as the "frame" and just added 1/2" marine plywood to the bottom underneath them. I set my skill saw depth to match the floor and cut it in the middle of the crossmember. Once I cut it out, I added the piano hinge to the piece I cut out and trimmed the rest with aluminum. That way the lid sits on top of and is supported by the crossmembers when closed. For a handle, I just drilled a hole in the top and made a loop with a knot out of some paracord

Your trailer looks great . There is one thing i want and you do not have it yet either. Have you checked into awnings? I want one but do not know enough to get one.
You talked me into it. I found a 12' shipped for $381.

Attachments

• E2FE512B-B6A3-4374-9380-1BCE4BF771A5.jpeg
    E2FE512B-B6A3-4374-9380-1BCE4BF771A5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 279
  • 62D8E087-195B-4327-A59A-37AB2ABBB5CD.jpeg
    62D8E087-195B-4327-A59A-37AB2ABBB5CD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 265
Please share where you bought it. Also please tell me what was involved in installing it.
https://www.alekoproducts.com/Retractable-RV-Patio-Awning-12-x-8-ft-p/rvaw12x8blkst33-ap.htm
They have 15% coupon code on their homepage, didn't charge tax and free shipping. Other sizes/colors available.

It isn't hard to install but the directions are horrible. I did it all myself except I had to get help sliding the fabric in the trailer rail. I used my own stainless screws and bolts the ones they sent were made for a camper that already has an awning and weren't long enough for my application. Main difficulty is making sure you have a solid mount. I drilled all the way through the wall and put washer/nut on inside of trailer wall.
I used a mixture of their instructions and this video to install mine.

I tried to buy one the the discount code did not work . I wrote them an asked for a working discount code. I the respond i will buy one also.

I tried to buy one the the discount code did not work . I wrote them an asked for a working discount code. I the respond i will buy one also.
Shows "MERRY" as the current code. I looked on my invoice and it shows DSC-653 as the code if you want to try it. If you get one and have questions, pm me.

Got any updates on your enclosed conversion?
Haven't done anything to it since I installed the awning. I ordered two vertical sliding windows to install in the sides. They should be here next week. Gonna try and get them in before next weekend and take it on a trip.

Haven't done anything to it since I installed the awning. I ordered two vertical sliding windows to install in the sides. They should be here next week. Gonna try and get them in before next weekend and take it on a trip.

Sounds good. Nothing like cutting more holes in the trailer!

Made any changes to the enclosed lately?

I noticed you have a City Water hookup on the front v-nose. Thinking about adding that to our trailer since I currently have the pump uninstalled and winterized.

Where/how did you plumb it into the water system as a whole? I assume it would need to plumb in after the water pump and directly to the water heater in order to bypass the pump, but I'm not 100% sure so figured I'd ask here before consulting the Googles.

Made any changes to the enclosed lately?

I noticed you have a City Water hookup on the front v-nose. Thinking about adding that to our trailer since I currently have the pump uninstalled and winterized.

Where/how did you plumb it into the water system as a whole? I assume it would need to plumb in after the water pump and directly to the water heater in order to bypass the pump, but I'm not 100% sure so figured I'd ask here before consulting the Googles.
Nothing new to report.
City water is plumbed in as you described. Installed a ball valve on discharge of pump and then a T for city water. City water also has a ball valve that I open/close depending on water source. This way it can't back feed the wrong direction.

Nothing new to report.
City water is plumbed in as you described. Installed a ball valve on discharge of pump and then a T for city water. City water also has a ball valve that I open/close depending on water source. This way it can't back feed the wrong direction.
Good to know and will also be stealing that plumbing whenever I add City Water hookup to our trailer.

I'd love to know what this setup actually weighs now cause I just sold my enclosed. This is everything I wanted, just too much work and seemed like too much weight in the end, so I scratched the idea b4 I got started.
I had a 10k 22' Haulmark v-nose (23.5' to nose) and it weighed #3600 empty with 16" OC and no insulation. So with a #4400 buggy I was 8000lbs empty.

Looks great btw.

Latest posts