• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ethel mud Boggs and tuff trucks

heres the flyer

Attachments

• mud bog.jpg
    mud bog.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 266
anybody have more information on the tuff truck course? A video/picture of the previous course would be good. I am just wondering if there are rocks/hills etc.

I am assuming you can enter just tuff truck and not mud, and visa versa.

Looks like I will have to wire in a battery cut off switch, unless my ignition counts. :D

Hmm. Taking suggestions on the course. We use the PNW race course but can get creative on the infield. I wont know whats up til the weekend of. I can keep it high speed or make it technical. Depends on how we feel. Probly minimal jumps though after previous years carnage

I would prefer more technical. But that's because my rig is slow. :looser: A full size rig with rockwells and 44's doesn't like the air that much.

I am down for tuff trucks. Any pics from last year or something?

I'd like to try and make one or both of these. Glad Steve is putting tuff trucks back on an its been a while since I've been out. Just wish it wasn't in Ethel.

As for the course; jumps as good as spectators like them, but nicly constructed jumps that let you get some good air, but a structured landing so you don't beat the crap out of the truck (flatter jumps rather than ones that launch you in the air or bounce the front up).

Fast is fun, Fast and technical is more fun. I like a nice combination of obsticals that required a good track or placement, that you can charge through if you want to beat your truck, bit not so rough and clunky that you just bust stuff if you go through at speed. Good examples would be a rock pile with medium sized rocks, close enough you can power through with out being swallowed, but big enough its not just a paved section and you have to use some tire placement and finesse. Another good example is a log pile, but with enough dirt and sized enough that its almost like a jump, but maybe with a 2' or so drop on the back side (stepped for smaller rigs). But if you get a wrong line you can be hung up or bounce the truck bad.

Mud is a nature of the course, but I'd prefer the tuff truck course not have a "mud bog" portion. Incidental puddles or a muddy course is the nature of the game however.

don't know if that helps. Really I kind of described on of the old BITW courses at Straddleline a couple years back. Nice combination of speed and finesse, trashing your truck and keeping carnage to a reasonable level (more of a how hard you push your truck and luck vs a course that trashes your rig). I haven't made it to any of the events (pnw or otherwise) out at Happs, so I don't know what the terrain has to offer.

Friday before the event we will lay out the course and i will keep that in my mind. I would like to keep it fun without suprises that could hurt someone. Im running an s10 and some fullsize chevies. And know a bunch of toyotas coming. I would like to put in something that challenges all equally. Maybe a toned down version of the ttc frame twister. Depends on what materials we have to work with.

My vote is for both. A mix of fast and technical. Start off fast then into a technical section, another fast section after that. There has been a small rock pile there in the past but that's been quite a few years ago.

Also a no mud vote, if people want mud that's what the mud bog is for.

A jump from past events, the jump is a high speed jump that's always been there and in the course.
View attachment 57007

Attachments

• 23732_100547826648051_2018581_n.jpg
    23732_100547826648051_2018581_n.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 154
I agree to the fact that mud should be for mud event. I might be out there in my buggy. Nothing more than a slick clay corner or something if its a mud fest for tuff trucks I won't unload my rig. I spend too much time wrenching on it to justify washing it for 4 hours.