• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans 3-07-09

Jaydog

Dave and I wheeled Evans Creek today, got up there at 9 o'clock, and started up 311, there is still quite a bit of snow up there and it was snowing pretty hard, we then hit upper 311 which was pretty good, we broke trail all the way up, the hardest part is where you come out on top, there is a 8 or 9 foot drift on top, we both had to winch up and through it, that is where I lost my bead, the top is really deep snow and I had to idle through it so as not to bury myself, the road up there is extremely narrow due to the drifts, we then went down to the parking area had lunch, broke the bead loose on my back tire to clean the wood out of it. We then ran 102 and tried 198 but the snow had drifted across it making it impassible, so we went back down, loaded up and headed out, it was a great day.

On a side note, there is a new mud hole in the lower parking lot, and the LEO showed up right after this cherokee was pulled out of it, they got tickets :awesomework:

Evans030709002.jpg

Evans030709004.jpg

Evans030709005.jpg

Evans030709008.jpg

Evans030709010.jpg

Evans030709017.jpg

Evans030709018.jpg

sounds like a great day,nice pic's,I was wondering how bad the snow was comming down up there.:awesomework:

deff a good amount of snow up there, also on a side note.that cherokee didn't get a ticket

yeah its pretty snowy up there, we stayed up at the pavillion last night and had a good time wheelin 311 and just driving up to the pavillion was kind of a chore at first last night due to breaking trail and about 3 feet of snow.... had a good fire and got pretty lit.:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

no, he might have given one to the guy riding the quad without a helmet, and they guy had some other stuff going on being a convicted felon and some terms that he wasn't abiding by. he just told my buddy that he wasn't in trouble, but he doesn't want people going in that mud puddle cause its costing money to repair it since its not directly on a trail. said that puddle has been made in the last couple weeks but we didn't know that and didn't think it was a big deal. he just took their names down and vehicle license numbers.

no, he might have given one to the guy riding the quad without a helmet, and they guy had some other stuff going on being a convicted felon and some terms that he wasn't abiding by. he just told my buddy that he wasn't in trouble, but he doesn't want people going in that mud puddle cause its costing money to repair it since its not directly on a trail. said that puddle has been made in the last couple weeks but we didn't know that and didn't think it was a big deal. he just took their names down and vehicle license numbers.

Ians a pretty easy going guy as long as you dont give him any trouble. Hes much more into educating then writting tickets :awesomework:

Too bad it will probably get closed for the winter time, Ian said that there is no outcry from the 4x4 community, so it will probably be an easy transition, typical though, kinda like Elbe, nobody gets involved until it's almost too late, and the FS won't be as easy as DNR, once they come to a decision there won't be any changing it. :booo:

Too bad it will probably get closed for the winter time, Ian said that there is no outcry from the 4x4 community, so it will probably be an easy transition, typical though, kinda like Elbe, nobody gets involved until it's almost too late, and the FS won't be as easy as DNR, once they come to a decision there won't be any changing it. :booo:

Thats not quite true. We have two people(pnw4wda) on the committie working with the FS. The real problem is the fish and wildlife. They are trying (and succeeding) to turn the area into a LSR (late sucsesional reserve) Since the the private landowners surronding the area have raped (logged) their land this has forced all of the critters that used to live there farther up the road and right into the park. They are now claiming it (fW) as spotted owl and marbled murrlet habitat. Unfortunatly unless we hire our own bioligest to due a study that counters their claim ($50,000 + $) its going to be impossible to stop. We are working (pnw4wda) with them to keep the 102 and 311 trails open as well as the road system. This isnt a cure all but except for a few of the extreme type rigs most people dont use beyond that anyway once the snow gets deep. Once again this is why I was asking people to write comments in the begining of the plan. Unless you submitted a comment letter then you have no legal grounds for appeal. Again only 5 comment letters submitted:booo:

Thats not quite true. We have two people(pnw4wda) on the committie working with the FS. The real problem is the fish and wildlife. They are trying (and succeeding) to turn the area into a LSR (late sucsesional reserve) Since the the private landowners surronding the area have raped (logged) their land this has forced all of the critters that used to live there farther up the road and right into the park. They are now claiming it (fW) as spotted owl and marbled murrlet habitat. Unfortunatly unless we hire our own bioligest to due a study that counters their claim ($50,000 + $) its going to be impossible to stop. We are working (pnw4wda) with them to keep the 102 and 311 trails open as well as the road system. This isnt a cure all but except for a few of the extreme type rigs most people dont use beyond that anyway once the snow gets deep. Once again this is why I was asking people to write comments in the begining of the plan. Unless you submitted a comment letter then you have no legal grounds for appeal. Again only 5 comment letters submitted:booo:

What's that come out to, one letter per orv org. :booo:

What's that come out to, one letter per orv org. :booo:

I dont even think it was that. I know that the PNW submmited a letter through our Washington state directors office representing all of our members and our sport in general. I "believe" there was a letter from some of the residents on the road up to the park and couple of singles. Wont know for sure until we see the formal plan.