• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans closed?

Torrance

Wondering if anyone knew 100% ? Looked online and said facilities are closed. But does that mean the gates are locked?

How is Evans compared to Elbe? And where exactly is it? I live in Olympia.

Dogboy, hit me up, my number is (541)408-6732. my name is Adam. What kinda rig do you drive?

How is Evans compared to Elbe? And where exactly is it? I live in Olympia.

Dogboy, hit me up, my number is (541)408-6732. my name is Adam. What kinda rig do you drive?

Evans is about 15 minutes from my house. Highway 165 to the NW corner of Mt Rainier. Go thru the towns of Buckley, Burnett, Wilkeson, and Carbonado. Cross the historic 1-lane Fairfax bridge, then take the road to the right like your going to Mowich Lake.

Evans used to be pretty hard, but I've seen old bronco-II's with 29" tires and a welded rear end make it up the "hard" stuff in the last couple years. I think they have been doing some trail work.

Evans is about 15 minutes from my house. Highway 165 to the NW corner of Mt Rainier. Go thru the towns of Buckley, Burnett, Wilkeson, and Carbonado. Cross the historic 1-lane Fairfax bridge, then take the road to the right like your going to Mowich Lake.

Evans used to be pretty hard, but I've seen old bronco-II's with 29" tires and a welded rear end make it up the "hard" stuff in the last couple years. I think they have been doing some trail work.

We still have a couple trails that require some goodies. Evans has killer views and is just fun to hit up.

We still have a couple trails that require some goodies. Evans has killer views and is just fun to hit up.

:awesomework: views are amazing, plus when it's wet the 197 is really fun. Yes a bronco II can make just about everything when it's dry just like a lot of Elbe, for the most part stock rigs can do everything.

I went several years with out going to Evans because I remembered it as being lame, nothing challenging for a moderate rig. Then I went back a couple years ago, it's defiently not hardcore wheeling, but several of the trails are what you make of them. There's plenty of spots you can take alternate lines and have a little fun.

And x3 on the views.

I love Evans, but I go out to be out, have fun and NOT beat the living hell out of my truck, only a little bit.

X4 on the views. I just wish the road to the campground was a little better.

Have you been recently? They've been logging up there, and when I went a month or so ago, the road was in the best condition that I've seen it EVER in the dozen years I've been going up there.

Have you been recently? They've been logging up there, and when I went a month or so ago, the road was in the best condition that I've seen it EVER in the dozen years I've been going up there.

No I haven't. We went up in the spring and the road sucked I'll try to get up there before its closed for the year.:awesomework:

It was pretty fun last saturday. Tbe best ive seen it probably ever. Ive been running at elbe lately and evans was a nice change and more challenging than much of elbe.