• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Evans Creek pic. 6-23

I have been trying to find that trail again for years...

I was a kid when my grandpa took me on it (he used to log up in that area), and have never been able to find it since...

where is it at??

I have been trying to find that trail again for years...

I was a kid when my grandpa took me on it (he used to log up in that area), and have never been able to find it since...

where is it at??
If you go up the back way into Evans. It's the first trail in your left.

I don't know about that second log bridge. I didn't want to go over it. Needed something to fill the hole. Also I was by myself with only a come-o-long. I'm a :looser: :D

the trail is tolmie falls and it is closed to motorized traffic. it has been blocked several times but keeps getting unblocked by people that dont care. (not meaning you) we drove by there this weekend and seen that it was unblocked yet again:mad: Devon, are you going to contact the FS about the truck? I am sure they will want to know about that one.

I let Derrick know already and I think he is gonna take it up with the FS. I plan on going to the public users meeting this thursday and will definately bring it up then.

Last edited:
the trail is tolmie falls and it is closed to motorized traffic. it has been blocked several times but keeps getting unblocked by people that dont care. (not meaning you) we drove by there this weekend and seen that it was unblocked yet again:mad: Devon, are you going to contact the FS about the truck? I am sure they will want to know about that one.
Looked like someone went up there with a chainsaw. lots of trees were cut that crossed the trail. I see why it's closed. Those bridges don't look to safe. Thanks for the info.

did they close the trails just because of the bridges??

it looks like a fun trail to run, it would just take a bit of trail maint to fix some stuff...

Looked like someone went up there with a chainsaw. lots of trees were cut that crossed the trail. I see why it's closed. Those bridges don't look to safe. Thanks for the info.
I am not familiar with this trail, but I am assuming the cut trees across the trail were intentional as a means to close the trail. Jim, is it posted closed or just blocked?

I am not familiar with this trail, but I am assuming the cut trees across the trail were intentional as a means to close the trail. Jim, is it posted closed or just blocked?
There was nothing posted at the enterance or blocking that trail. The trees were cut to access the trail. They were fallen trees from last winter.

Last edited:
Wow. What is with people these days? :mad:
We ran across an abandon Caddy at the Ahtanum on Saturday. We turned into the DNR.

There was nothing posted at the enterance or blocking that trail. The trees were cut to access the trail. They were fallen trees from last winter.

Its been posted several times as well as blocked. its the asshats that keep tearing down the signs and removing the blockades that are the types that give us all a bad name:mad: I am not suggesting that omc-m38a1 is one of those as I drove by there on sat and there was no indication that it was closed. The trail is NOT part of the trail system and has watershed issues thats why its not open. Can you imagine the damage that will be caused when the old bridge collapses as someone is crossing it:booo: So please folks lets not pound another nail in our coffin and stay off that trail. While I am on my soapbox, What is with the asshats that are highmarking and and every place they can:eeek: You idiots that are doing this are killing us at the bargining table. Please stay on the approved trails and roads:awesomework:

No way a shoe fly can be erected to keep folks out?

I don't frequent evans that much (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) but from what i have seen there, it seems to be a pretty well maintained area.

Im going to talk to the ranger about it when I go to the meeting on thursday night. I would like to see it opened somehow and if the plan goes thru with gating the tolmie road and converting it to trails it may just happen. The only issue is theres a lot of water issues to deal with and the bridges at the top would most likly have to come out or the trail blocked at the first one.