• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek work party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evans Creek W/P

Sat, 22 maybe, I have a 5 yr old turnin 6 party. Sunday the 23 though for shrr. What kind of suplies will be needed? I will check back here tomorrow after work. I do have a friend that needs too do some cummunity time, I'll see if he is up for it. Well I guess the B-day party it the 15th no tthe 22 so YA I at least WILL BE THERE, FOR SHURE!:awesomework:

Last edited:
so what the deal, i have never been to one of these, i dont know what to bring, and if anyone wants to ride with me i have a extra seat

so what the deal, i have never been to one of these, i dont know what to bring, and if anyone wants to ride with me i have a extra seat

Basic hand tools. Shovel, rake, polaski those types of things. Chainsaw if your certified for FS. (there will be a recert session on sat for those that need it)

Is the meetup spot the main entrence, or the day park, and am I going to need a day pass?

9:00 am at the Day use area. (by the campground) yes you do need a day pass but they typicly give them out when you sign in. Or at least have in the past. I will make a call tonoght and verify this.

The vehicle I use for work parties is wider then 72" am I welcomed to help maintain the Evans Creek ORV area?

Is anyone going to answer the man...............

He does more work and support for our sport than anyone I know..... I SAY YES COREY!

just show up to help I dought anyone is going to send you home.......and it's 74" and not from your outer sidewalls. You should be fine!:beer::awesomework:

I would be there but I'm having a b day party at my house on sat and will be hung over on sunday....LOL

Thanks to everyone that shows up and helps out there. Sorry I can't make it

Is anyone going to answer the man...............

He does more work and support for our sport than anyone I know..... I SAY YES COREY!

just show up to help I dought anyone is going to send you home.......and it's 74" and not from your outer sidewalls. You should be fine!:beer::awesomework:

I would be there but I'm having a b day party at my house on sat and will be hung over on sunday....LOL

Thanks to everyone that shows up and helps out there. Sorry I can't make it

I just figured he was smart enough to know the answer already and that he was just being a smart ass about a "proposed" rule that may or may not even happen. :redneck:

Shovels,and rakes I know, but what the heck is a(POLASKI)?

Its a tool the FS and DNR use. has a axe head on one side and a sharp hoe like edge on the other side. Kind of a light weight mattock. great tool for digging and cutting roots.

OK I checked, They will be handing out passes when you register for the work party. (if you work both days or two differant FS workpartys you can trade the two passes for a seasonal pass at the ranger station.)

I figure I'll throw up a conditions report. Me my cousin headed up there last night (Thursday) and it was pretty wet. After the main parking lot, there was traces if new snow, and at the campground, it was in the trees and on the sides of the road.
We to the road up to the top of the upper 311, and the road was completely clear (with snow on the sides) up to the swithback where the 310 (I never knew it was called that...) comes Ito the road. From there the "310" was pretty much covered in 1-2" of snow with some bare spots up to the last clearing (where there is the play area with a couple logs).

By the time we got back down to the campground, it was snowing pretty good. I don't know if that new snow added up overnight, or if it stopped.
I may be able to head back up tonight if it helps alot of people out.

Thanks for the update Dogboy. I was wondering if this storm was dropping any snow up there and now I have my answer. Sounds like it will be a bit sloppy up there for the work party this weekend.

Would anybody happen to have an open seat? I can meet you on the side of the road in Carbonado.
Or does anybody know if there will be much work on the roads? Like shoveling gravel or anything?
I don't had a rear driveshaft, so I'll be stuck on the roads unless somebody has an open seat.
Sited way I'll be there

Status
Not open for further replies.