• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans creek work party

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like from the pictures they tore it up more with the equipment than the wheelers ever did. They put rock ontop of rock. How long do you really think that rock they put on there will stay. Everything under that is solid rock. That **** will get kicked out.

That rock is PACKED in there. It will stay. Just like it has at the obstacle before the Y when they leveled it out, just like the top of the 102, dropping in from the 7920. There is no reason to spin and kick rocks out of there as it is flat.

For the record, I commend the folks who do the work, but making it hardpack and completely leveling it are two ENTIRELY different things. The forest service and dnr are also two entirely different entities, and you can see it in the way they maintain the trails (or more, how they want the trails maintained).

I am so damn pissed over this.

I think it is apparent that we are all pissed about this. Some us know you can kill an ORV park without closing it. Others put up no fight and are okay with turning our trails into roads.

I spent the last three weekends creating a real trail everyone can enjoy. If I had known this was going to happen I would have been there to try and stop it. Probably good I wasn't there.

Are you F....ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I first saw that I thought it wasn't real.
Looks like I have to much respect for others.
Right decision or not, why act like a delinquent.

That **** was done by some one on the web and they can kiss my ass.

Many people work hard to promote a positive view of ORV users, and a few f.... it up.

Last edited:
WTF? Now that's going a little too far. :looser:
I took the time to go see this today, just because I didn't want to believe what I saw. (the pic of the work done) I was up there around 3pm today, and the painted stripes were not there.

By the way, those are 26s, not 33's (if you can't tell. :fawkdancesmiley:)

Bobby and i were up there around 2 -230 and the stripes were there when we got there

If I had known this was going to happen I would have been there to try and stop it. Probably good I wasn't there.

It wouldn't have made any difference...Not directed at Horus but some of you guys need to learn that in order to make a difference on things like this you have to be dedicated and put in the time up font for the powers that be to listen to you. If you don't want to be directly involved then you have to join a organization of people who are there to represent you like WOW or PNW.....Just showing up at the last minute will likely do nothing more than get you disapointed.....

If this is the kinda trails we will have up there just so it can stay open then close it! If I wanted to drive around on some damn road then I would.

If this is the kinda trails we will have up there just so it can stay open then close it! If I wanted to drive around on some damn road then I would.

This is one spot, on one trail, at one ORV Park.
Plenty of good obstacles, at this one and other parks left to wheel.
Just need to keep the whole park open first.
Win some loose some.

Yes that was dumb. But is that really vandalism? Some dumbass spray painted some dirt. Its not like they spray painted the shitters, or the gazebos. As soon as the paint gets driven over a few times it will be gone. Whenever I see utilities located on dirt or on gravel the paint does not last that long.

Locating ink spray paints all over the place . You se it on most every road and in construction sites. Why is this vandalism?

Yes that was dumb. But is that really vandalism? Some dumbass spray painted some dirt. Its not like they spray painted the shitters, or the gazebos. As soon as the paint gets driven over a few times it will be gone. Whenever I see utilities located on dirt or on gravel the paint does not last that long.

Vandalism is an act of cowardness, utility work is a necessity.

That is a ORV Park, in a National Forest, not just some dirt.

I think that the FS employes and LOE officer might see that.

No excuse, no way!!!!!!!!!!!

Vandalism is an act of cowardness, utility work is a necessity.

That is a ORV Park, in a National Forest, not just some dirt.

I think that the FS employes and LOE officer might see that.

No excuse, no way!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not trying to say that Those lines and utilities marking are the same thing. I was just trying to say that utilities marking dont stay visible very long on gravel or dirt.

When was the last we won anything at Evans?

Wins and loses come and go.
Evans is getting a new camp ground, has three seasonal employees this year and the door of communication is open.
Sounds good to me.

I was not trying to say that Those lines and utilities marking are the same thing. I was just trying to say that utilities marking dont stay visible very long on gravel or dirt.

I get you. I'm just fired up right now.

I get you. I'm just fired up right now.

Fired up over what Grant.....the fact the someone was pissed off that the spot got wiped out because none of you that did the work party have any words of reasoning and find another way to fix that besides making a freeway out of it? :mad:

They tell you guys to jump and you ask how high.....is that how in works? Or are you there to help take care of things ask by them but also to help your self out? So is it that they say"fix it or we will close it down" .... How is it then.

Fired up over what Grant.....the fact the someone was pissed off that the spot got wiped out because none of you that did the work party have any words of reasoning and find another way to fix that besides making a freeway out of it? :mad:

From what I heard from the FS lady that was up there on saturday, there was really nothing that the people at the work party could do about making a road out of the entrance to the 311. FS did not want the entrance fixed to make the trail easier, FS wanted the park to look less "torn up". I guess a FS big wig took a tour of the park, and he did not like how "torn up" the park looked. At least that is what the FS lady said.

They tell you guys to jump and you ask how high.....is that how in works? Or are you there to help take care of things ask by them but also to help your self out? So is it that they say"fix it or we will close it down" .... How is it then.

No threat are given, just the need to find a middle ground.
As far as me being a dog that obeys commands, If you knew me , you would know that not to be true,
I am a mature a adult who has been through many situations in life and have found that childish acts dont go far.

Its all been explained several pages back. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.