• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

evans opens friday the 1st

supsa

Is this correct? We get one place back? Would like not to poach trails if I don't have to.

Yes, its supposed to. There may be some trails closed due to the chance fro erosion and such though. have to wait and see. I will be in touch with the FS and keep people advised of the conditions as we get close.

I'm just going to camp out of my rig. Sounds like snow may be covering the campground. I guess ill find out.

Talked with Bob today. The plan is to open on the 1st but some trails may be closed for erosion control. The width restriction will be 80".

How do they measure it?

With a tape measure, no doubt.

And yes, it's at the widest spot of the vehicle. On most vehicles, that'd be at the bulge of the tires. However, if your tires happen to be within the wheelwells, then it'd be the bulge of the fenders, or the width of the bumpers, or whatever.

With a tape measure, no doubt.

And yes, it's at the widest spot of the vehicle. On most vehicles, that'd be at the bulge of the tires. However, if your tires happen to be within the wheelwells, then it'd be the bulge of the fenders, or the width of the bumpers, or whatever.

That will make sense when they install the posts. There has been no real clarification other than the stated "hub to hub" which is outdated. Its going to be a work in progress for them to figure out.

thats to bad. The TJs that I measured when I was pushing the issue were withen 80" with 12.50s on a 8" rim

Those were probably stock axles :D

In a couple years, after they pave everything, I'll be able to drive my truck up there anyway. :cool:

goalposts put in that you will have to be able to drive thru.

It would be nice to have this done before the first. Will there be 2 officers measuring? Cause one sure wont get a proper measurement. Im gonna go test fit my 33 12.5's at's.

It would be nice to have this done before the first. Will there be 2 officers measuring? Cause one sure wont get a proper measurement. Im gonna go test fit my 33 12.5's at's.

Thats not going to happen (goalposts). as far as measuring.... This year is going to be more education than enforcement. I doubt anyone will be measured unless its obvious that their over the width. None of this is complete fact of course since I havnt seen it in writting just what I have gathered from personal conversations with officials. As with any govt, agency they can choose to change the way they handle things at any given point.