• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Experience w/ Pitbull Maddogs?

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
So in about 3 weeks or so, I am hoping to be in the market for a new set of tires for the Fo'Runner.... Thinking about some 40" LTB's, or some 39" Pitbull Maddogs.

Gay thing w/ the LTB's is I have to get new rims as mine are 15", and LTB's are about $300 each, and the LTB is 16" wide

Pitbull Maddogs are available in a 39x14.50-15, and are on sale for $225 each.

I would really like the Rockers, but they are $325 each...

Anyone have any experience or wheel w/ anyone w/ Maddogs? I am sure they will be just fine for all of my summer wheelin, trails, rocks, etc... but I am more curious how they will do in the snow? Mud doesnt concern me as I try to avoid it, and my worn out 22RE wont spin ANYTHING fast enough to clean out tread....

Just the name alone would keep me from buying a tire called "Pitbull Maddogs"

They probably spent more money on coming up with that fancy marketing BS then they spent on R&D of the tire and tread design. :rolleyes:

They probably spent more money on coming up with that fancy marketing BS then they spent on R&D of the tire and tread design. :rolleyes:

x2

The 40" LTB's are measuring right at 40" tall x only 14" wide on a 9" rim. Yes they are only for a 17" rim right now, but the tire is far superior than an IROK.

Its funny look at who they sponser!!

People more interested in marketing and image instead of winning events.:haha:

Its funny look at who they sponser!!

People more interested in marketing and image instead of winning events.:haha:

Those Guys Rod & Custom's We-Rock rig is winning events and (I think) took second in the championship with Pitbulls.

I could really give WAY less than 1/2 a **** about who they sponsor, what name they give them, or how they market them... I was really more interested in how they work in the Northwest...

You'll be lucky to ever get an unbiased response to your question.

Anyone who has paid money for something will never tell you they "don't like them" until they are gone and get something new or better.

Any magazine or other sponsored driver, etc...will never say anything bad either because they know that sponsorship and advertising dollars may end up somewhere else if they do.

Besides, we all know opinions are like assholes, the only difference being that Interco has been making tires for years that are proven to work.

Pitbull has what?

Anyone who has paid money for something will never tell you they "don't like them" until they are gone and get something new or better.

I have paid money for LOTS of **** that I can tell you I don't like!! :flipoff: First off would be a set of Michelin XZL's for a wheelin rig!

I have not personally ran the Maddog's, we have wheeled with some people in Utah and they seemed to work as good as the Rocker's.
We have ran the Rockers for a season (yes they sponsored us) and for a DOT tire they worked great.
They hook up great on rocks and have good corner lugs for turning into stuff and grabbing, certain types of mud clog them.
Some sizes are too wide in my opinion, a 35x14.5 is too damn wide, a 42x15 isn't too bad though. They have tuff sidewalls, but don't work very good until broken in, they are very pressure sensitive.

Yes we had a 2nd place and 6th place at the nationals, courses that had tuff climbs were the ones we beat others on.
Just a comparison at that event in the final six shootout; 1st was BFG, 2nd was Pitbull, 3rd was BFG, 4th was Cooper, 5th was Cooper, 6th was Pitbull.

Last edited:
I had a set, they sucked in my opinion. Got rid of them as quickly as I could. Even told the guy I sold them too that they sucked and gave him a killer deal on them just to get rid of them. In most cases, you get what you paid for and this is as unbiased as it gets. Ive spent more on "going cheap" than I would like to admit, only to step up and pay what I should have to begin with. :mad:

Your best bet would be to save some coin and get some IROK's. So far, these have been my favorite tire but what do I know....Im just a noob waiting for CRASH to hurry up and wire my chit so I can go wheelin again. :fawkdancesmiley:

I had a set, they sucked in my opinion. Got rid of them as quickly as I could. Even told the guy I sold them too that they sucked and gave him a killer deal on them just to get rid of them. In most cases, you get what you paid for and this is as unbiased as it gets. Ive spent more on "going cheap" than I would like to admit, only to step up and pay what I should have to begin with. :mad:

Your best bet would be to save some coin and get some IROK's. So far, these have been my favorite tire but what do I know....Im just a noob waiting for CRASH to hurry up and wire my chit so I can go wheelin again. :fawkdancesmiley:

What kind of wheelin' did you do with them?

I have been looking around Pirate and stuff too, and your the first person that has said they didn't like them, but most of the people on Pirate are using them mainly in the rocks, and saying they like the better than their Iroks.

I have several friends that run Iroks, and they work great, but if I am going to spend this much $ on tires, I was hoping to find something that lasted a little bit longer...

For the price of Iroks I could just get LTB's or Rockers.

Maybe I will keep watching and see what I see used...

What kind of wheelin' did you do with them?

I have been looking around Pirate and stuff too, and your the first person that has said they didn't like them, but most of the people on Pirate are using them mainly in the rocks, and saying they like the better than their Iroks.

I have several friends that run Iroks, and they work great, but if I am going to spend this much $ on tires, I was hoping to find something that lasted a little bit longer...

For the price of Iroks I could just get LTB's or Rockers.

Maybe I will keep watching and see what I see used...

Typical Reiter pit and Walker valley stuff. They just seemed too hard for my liking I guess. Sorta like TSL's were on my rig. The IROK's even tho still a little stiff on the sidewalls, seem to grip much better and have a softer compound than the Maddogs. Maybe I didnt give them a chance to break in enough...hard saying as I really didnt have them that long.

Just my opinion tho...on my light rig, I didnt care for them. Seems more ppl like them than not so maybe not a bad option for you.

Typical Reiter pit and Walker valley stuff. They just seemed too hard for my liking I guess. Sorta like TSL's were on my rig. The IROK's even tho still a little stiff on the sidewalls, seem to grip much better and have a softer compound than the Maddogs. Maybe I didnt give them a chance to break in enough...hard saying as I really didnt have them that long.

Just my opinion tho...on my light rig, I didnt care for them. Seems more ppl like them than not so maybe not a bad option for you.

Yeah, for 90% of the conditions I wheel in, I am sure that almost any tire is perfectly adequate. The other 10% is snow, and that is where I am most concerned. My current 35" XTerrains were **** in the snow, until I grooved them... now I run w/ a group that all has minimum of 38" SX's, and 39.5 and 42" Iroks, and I don't have much trouble keeping up! My 35's are still in GREAT shape, but since I bought Longs, I have to get bigger tires... right? ... well, that is what I keep telling my wife! :awesomework:

Latest posts