• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Extra-wide enclosed trailer

yankster said:
Found a company to build what I wanted. Husky Cargo out of Fitzgerald, GA sells direct to the public.
This is a 40' gooseneck with 32' of deck, slight dovetail and 7000# Dexter axles. 96" wide rear door was a custom option they had never done before.
Screwless exterior, one piece aluminum roof, 1"x1.5" square tubing in the roof and walls. Reinforced ramp and all LED lighting. 12 D rings in the floor bolted through to steel underneath.
Quality seems to be quite good for the price. Welds look decent. Pulls great empty. Weighs 5,900 lbs.
Options I should have gotten in hindsight: electric front jacks, 12" additional height, and radial tires.
The big bitch just fits, but it fits. Theres room for two buggies and an ATV easily. Was $16,500 out the door. This company received some bad reviews from folks who didn't understand that they're a factory, not a dealership. So you have to go in knowing that you're going to give them a big down payment and not hear a peep until it's done (8 weeks in my case, normally 6 for standard trailers). I had no issues at all.

hows this trailer holding up for you,the manufacture has since closed its doors and went belly up!!!. I sell trailers and finding doors wider than 96 can be a pia. :****:

Has anyone seen an enclosed trailer in the 32'-40' range advertising a wider than normal door opening?
My rockwell buggy is 95" or so at the widest point. Most trailers' door openings are 84"-88".
I've found the majority of manufacturers advertise the height and width of the interior but no mention of the door opening dimensions.
If not, has anyone enclosed a low deck trailer themselves? I've searched on Pirate and Google with no real results.
Check out the new icon A5 aircraft trailer. They have made a trailer that is wide to haul the aircraft.

Latest posts