• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

f-toy rear suspension mounting

trxguy

i have been looking at alot of f-toys on pirate4x4 and other links that have been sent to me to get ideas for my f-toy build..

i have noticed a few f-toys that have mounted the rear leaf spring hangers inboard off the frame rail.. my guess would be for better articulation.(let me know if im wrong)

has anyone run this setup, how well does it do, does this create too much body roll?????????????? also how far in does the mount get moved in??? am i just moving the suspension in 3" or 4"??????? how much.. any help would be awsome.

thanks

Well the normal amount is to match the front width i think it's 29".....
And as far as body roll i didn't notice that much difference from stock
with good shocks!!!:;

IIRC it's center pin to center pin of spring Matt....I can measure a front housing tonight to be sure & call ya...

i have been looking at alot of f-toys on pirate4x4 and other links that have been sent to me to get ideas for my f-toy build..

i have noticed a few f-toys that have mounted the rear leaf spring hangers inboard off the frame rail.. my guess would be for better articulation.(let me know if im wrong)

has anyone run this setup, how well does it do, does this create too much body roll?????????????? also how far in does the mount get moved in??? am i just moving the suspension in 3" or 4"??????? how much.. any help would be awsome.

thanks

Center to center is the maximum allowed (f-toy rules) when inboarding the rear springs.

As for hanging the mount off the back of the frame, this is to tuck the spring up higher to lower the ride height and COG.

Center to center is the maximum allowed (f-toy rules) when inboarding the rear springs.

As for hanging the mount off the back of the frame, this is to tuck the spring up higher to lower the ride height and COG.

so x2 for 29" center to center??? and this is to tuck the spring..what is this??? or did you mean best is to tuck ??? let me know
thanks again

Instead of mounting the shackle mount under the frame (factory position)...it's mounted behind the frame and up the frame a bit...also, the front spring mount is moved inside the frame, and the mount built for it is tucked up above the bottom of the frame....kapeesh???:redneck:

when you mount the rear/rear on the boxed part of the frame alittle higher up does't that stop the shackel from being able to move inward during down travel????

i assume this is what you are talking about
i got these from pirate4x4

Attachments

• pirate1.jpg
    pirate1.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 65
  • pirate2.jpg
    pirate2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
personally i like the ones were they use a boomerang style shack that mounts on top and cups around the frame. they set it up so that at full drop the shackle contacts the frame and does not go forward and at full stuff it goes to 45*. I was thinking about going this route and was working on figuring it out then just decided to link it. I could be wrong though

so if i move the springs in and mount like pictured above should i still use the chevy 64" springs or use TG 4 or 5 inch

I've been on inboarded springs for about 6 years now and I love them. :D

I'm running ranger front frame mounts welded inside the frame and the shackles behind the frame up higher than normal. When inboarding springs you'll have a lot more body roll in turns especially if welded or spooled unless you build the packs a bit stiffer to not only counteract that lean but to keep the suspension from being too stiff.

When I first inboarded the springs I ran stock ranger packs and they were sketchy soft! I've sine rebuilt the setup probably 10 times and now I have it down to a science. :D