• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

F350 D O A

bigsilly

I believe I saw an F350 taking it's last breath today on the way home from work. If I had realized exactly what was happening at first I would have tried to get a cell phone pic but there was a lot of traffic and people switching lanes. Anyway I was coming along a stretch of road that is about 3 miles perfectly straight and about a mile ahead I see a huge <read really huge> cloud of white smoke. As I get closer it is an F350 pulling a open HEAVY work trailer loaded with wood fence materials, the truck is owned by a local fence company according to the decals on the door. As I get closer I am seeing the smoke get worse. By the time I get to it they are limping along on the shoulder of the road and white smoke is pouring out of the tail pipe so bad that until you got beside the truck you could not even see it. I know the problem was BAD, but why was it so much smoke and what triggered it?

Why did you even ask since you answered the question in your original statement. FORD = :puke:

Funny you post this as I saw ne this morning dong the same thing. I thought a vehicle was on fire until I saw that it was F350.
Sounds like the head gaskets were gone.

since where talking about breaking down diesels my dmax ****ed up two days ago :puke:
says I'm running 22lbs of boost be4 the turbo even tried to spool up.. it drives but has no power and blows allot of black smoke..acts like it has no turbo..
it Thu 3 codes
p2227 barometric pressure senser
and 2 egr codes i have a egr valve on order :'(

Cole said:
Funny you post this as I saw ne this morning dong the same thing. I thought a vehicle was on fire until I saw that it was F350.
Sounds like the head gaskets were gone.
Yeah head gaskets was kind of what I thinking. I was actually thinking the trailer or a tire was on fire at first until I got up on it and saw the smoke pouring out of the exhaust.

jtreeves1 said:
since where talking about breaking down diesels my dmax ****ed up two days ago :puke:
says I'm running 22lbs of boost be4 the turbo even tried to spool up.. it drives but has no power and blows allot of black smoke..acts like it has no turbo..
it Thu 3 codes

EGR codes don't mean anything. My truck has an egr code all the time. It's because of my exhaust and I have the EGR blocked. Not sure about that other code though. Best thing to do is go to Dieselplace.com and look it up.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Hey Joel, don't you know someone who has a ford? :flipoff1:
Yeah, I know a guy. But I also know some guys that have had injector issues on the glorious Duramax. Even in this thread :****: Knock on wood my 6.0 has done good in it's 107,000 miles on the road.

Cole said:
EGR codes don't mean anything. My truck has an egr code all the time. It's because of my exhaust and I have the EGR blocked. Not sure about that other code though. Best thing to do is go to Dieselplace.com and look it up.
even if oone code is saying its stuck open?

Cole said:
whats the point of having the EGR blocked?

My CTD blew white smoke when the OG injection pump was going out......but that was 100k ago. 1 clutch and around 200hp later, I haven't had a single problem....and loving the fuel mileage :****:

bigsilly said:
Yeah, I know a guy. But I also know some guys that have had injector issues on the glorious Duramax. Even in this thread :****: Knock on wood my 6.0 has done good in it's 107,000 miles on the road.

Yep. :****: They're all junk. That's why we should have got Dodge's. :dblthumb: I'm pretty happy with my 2nd D-Max though...until this one blows. :driving:

I doubt it's hg. I'd be willing to be the egr system just **** the bed. Probably about $1000 to permanently take care of the problem. I saw one last month do the same thing, and I thought it was on fire too. My dad's did it at about 5 yrs/ 58,000 miles. Luckily his was still under warranty because it's about a $3500 job from Ford. Ford is now under the belief that hg weren't a really big problem to begin with (probably right), the egr/oil cooler goes out, dumps gallons of water into the motor, and stretches the head bolts. Apparently the oil cooler goes out, taking out the egr, but it took ford about 5 years to figure this out. Now no 6.0 with egr problem can leave without a new oil cooler as well if it's warranty work.

bigsilly said:
I drove it like I stole it once :****:

jtreeves1 said:
it Thu 3 codes

If you have a blown intake gasket that wil lcause both codes. The ecm sees the boost is off so it throws a baro code thinking the sensor is screwed up, and with the turbo spooling up and not making boost it is probably blowing it out of the intake gasket. Your EGR code is due to this too as exhaust recircuates thru the intake. I had the same problems with a 6.5 not long ago.