• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fabrication tard needs rock slider help.

hunkajunk

Be kind this is my first attempt at building anything out of steel.

Does this look like enough bolts?

This is a piece of 3x5

Last edited:
Looks about right. Thats about what all the aftermarket manufacturers use.:awesomework:

You may not need the countersunk bolts. The protrusion of a 1/4" bolt head typically wont hang you up and they are a lot easier to remove after you have bashed on them for a season or two. (Just my opinion, most would prolly disagree)

Looks like you are not putting a bolt at the one end. Probably cause its a bitch to get to the back side of the body there. You may want to rethink that plan or your gonna regret it when that unfastened end gets hooked on something.

The trick is that no mater how heavy of material you use its only bolting to the thin sheet metal of your body. Clearly the body will bend first.

A lot of nerfs (the better ones) are bolted to the bottom of the tub too. This keeps the top edge of your nerf from folding in to the body and creasing it. Wranglers are real bad for this as the bodys are weak/unsupported in that perticular area.

Last edited:
Kinda the same principle between a jeep and a zook, this is what I did, and how I braced it to the frame.
I kind of went overkill with the bolts, 3/4" head. :redneck:

1217124271.jpg

front body mount
1217124266.jpg

Rear body mount
1217124270.jpg

Looks like you are not putting a bolt at the one end. Probably cause its a bitch to get to the back side of the body there. You may want to rethink that plan or your gonna regret it when that unfastened end gets hooked on something.

:haha::haha: you caught me.
I can't figure how to get a bolt back there:mad::mad:.
I took off part of the inner fender to see how much room I had in there. There isn't very much room to work. :booo:

Kinda the same principle between a jeep and a zook, this is what I did, and how I braced it to the frame.
I kind of went overkill with the bolts, 3/4" head. :redneck:

Those look nice :cool:.

I've given this idea a lot of thought. I'm still on the fence. It looks like zooks have similar body mounts to the jeeps. I'm worried about transferring vibrations from the frame to the body.

For that, just put it between the body and body mount, should work out. My tub is hardmounted to the frame along with the drivetrain, so I'm used to the vibs. :redneck: :haha:

And as far as the last bolt goes, a little tape or butyl on the end of the socket will help out, as well as drilling an access hole just big enough for the socket, and use a rubber plug when you're done. I had to do this for the front bolt on both sides, through the A pillar.

Last edited:
:haha::haha: you caught me.
I can't figure how to get a bolt back there:mad::mad:.
I took off part of the inner fender to see how much room I had in there. There isn't very much room to work. :booo:

Pull the fender flare off. This will expose an oval hole about 1" by 3/4" covered with clear tape near the bottom of the body. This hole is how Jeep gets access at the factory. Also, some nerf kits have you hole saw a hole on the inside of the body at the foot well for access to install nuts. Lastly, they make pop rivets that are threaded for blind hole installations. Thats what jeep uses to install fender flares and factory Rubicon nerfs.