• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fans...

2pwrlftrs4u

NWW Meanie
w/clutch or not??? electric???

ditched my fan clutch and got a 6 paddle hayden, i have my electric fan on the outside of the radiator on a toggle for a back up?

new fan cools much gooder

opinions?

If you can keep cool and find a good reliable thermostat, electrics are great. I couldn't get enough air with an electric, so I am happy with a clutch fan. Either option is eleventy billion times better than a solid or flex fan.

I prefer a fixed blade mech. fan. simple and nothing to break. However due to room restrictions I have been running a pair of flexalite thin pullers with a shroud and am happy with the setup. at least with two fans if one craps out I still have some cooling.

Last edited:
I got one 12" pusher, and two 10" pullers, the only reason I stuck the 12" on there was the "just in case" scenario. They cool the engine just fine, and I'm not running any shroud.

Had an electric for the zuk and it wouldn't cool very well. Installed the fan as a pusher and reinstalled the clutch fan and love it.

I am running a 3.8 Taurus electric fan with a 180* fixed thermo switch cascaded to a constant duty 85A solenoid that I picked up at West Marine. I am running the fan in the high speed setting and I was going through about 1 or 2 thermo fan controllers a year as the high current draw was melting the relays and harnesses. The solenoid is able to handle it and I have had no problems with overheating for almost 3 years now.

I am running a 3.8 Taurus electric fan with a 180* fixed thermo switch cascaded to a constant duty 85A solenoid that I picked up at West Marine. I am running the fan in the high speed setting and I was going through about 1 or 2 thermo fan controllers a year as the high current draw was melting the relays and harnesses. The solenoid is able to handle it and I have had no problems with overheating for almost 3 years now.

I second this set up,I also run a taurus fan,I run it with a HD40a relay and run the switched ground thru a 1985-1989 honda accord thermal switch,it screws right into a standard chevy(1990-2000ish) water neck and turns on auto at 185-195ish and works awsome!!I have this on a chev 350 engine in my jeep.

I second this set up,I also run a taurus fan,I run it with a HD40a relay and run the switched ground thru a 1985-1989 honda accord thermal switch,it screws right into a standard chevy(1990-2000ish) water neck and turns on auto at 185-195ish and works awsome!!I have this on a chev 350 engine in my jeep.

I third this setup only mine is run off of a 70 amp relay.:awesomework:

i can crawl around all day with my truck and never have a problem with my flex fan. every truck i get one of the first things i do is have the radiator rebuilt or replaced, and replace the thermostat with one where when it goes out it stays open instead of closed.

i run a ford windstar fan...its a dual 15" and 13"...i run the 13" in the winter and the 15" in the summer...one 40a relay per fan and an adjustable flex-a-lite controller...the winstar fans fit the chevy radiator almostlike they were made for it:redneck:

Latest posts