• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fat guys check in here - Seat?

nick c

Lewis & Clark bitches!
Curious what seats all you big guys are running? You scrawnny fawkers like Crash, Darius, Jim, etc... need not apply.

If you've got a waist of bigger then 40" post up.

I'm debating on seats, and I know Carabeau makes their Baja SS in a wide version but I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra $$$.

I've ridden in several other seats that were standard sized and they felt ok for the time I was in them. Except for the Schucks/Napa fake leather racing seats those just suck balls.

But now that I am going to build MY truck I want the drivers seat to be comfy. My wife is smaller so I'm not worried about the passenger seat it will just be a standard width suspension seat of some sort.

:corn:

It's obvious I wasn't clear. People do not bother posting "I run a bench seat". I am only concered about race seats, something with provisions for a 5 point harness. No need to post whore it up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm a scrawny guy and have the baja ss's and they're a little tight on me (still need to break em in!) and i've sat in the ultra ss's (the wider version i guess) and it's not much of a difference.... go sit in some if you can before you pull the trigger, that's what i did, oly4x4 in snohomish has a good selection usually to test out. :awesomework: How big of a waist are we talking here? I'm about a 33" waist :eeek:

EDIT: just looked at their site, I have the Ultra SS's, the site gives you the dims for both seats:awesomework:

http://corbeau.com/products/suspension_seats/baja_ultra/

BajaUltraWide-L.gif

BajaUltra-L.gif

Last edited:
I have a 42" waist (well thats the pants size I wear typically).

Looking at the specs on the seats is what got me curious about this. The Baja Ultra SS - WIDE is supposedly supposed to fit up to a 42" waist. The Ultra was designed around a 33-38".

I'll check out the PRP's. And I'll have to find a shop down hear with seats in stock to check them out. I wonder if Billy Bob's has them in the show room.

I have a 42" waist (well thats the pants size I wear typically).

Looking at the specs on the seats is what got me curious about this. The Baja Ultra SS - WIDE is supposedly supposed to fit up to a 42" waist. The Ultra was designed around a 33-38".

I'll check out the PRP's. And I'll have to find a shop down hear with seats in stock to check them out. I wonder if Billy Bob's has them in the show room.

I'm in puyallup if you want to come by and jump in mine, i have a wide seat in there? shoot me a PM

im a 44 in carhart...maybe a 46 in others....I role with the stock comanchee bench baby...all the way...I gave up on race seats..:kissmyass:

6'6" 290#s 42" waist. I have Corbeau Moabs and I couldn't be happier with them. I also have a set of PRP Comp Highbacks in 2" wider sitting in a box in the garage. They seem comfortable, but they are so wide I couldn't fit them in my Jeep and still have a center console. The back also isn't high enough, the headrest hits me about the bottom of my skull.

I put factory cherokee buckets in my wagoneer.I'm 6 foot and 230 lbs ,my winter pants are 38's:eeek:.The seats fit me just fine.

Hey. . .great thread. We will be replacing the seats in the race truck and will most likely go to a wider seat. We currently run Mastercraft, but I'm not impressed with their customer service and the seats are just about worn out. they are the standard width with the thicker thigh pad and seem to fit me pretty well (40-42" waist). So, who has the BEST service and a seat that is high VALUE. Not cheap, but one that is actually worth the money you spend???

Your right, one fatty, one standard

yep, if i would do it over I would have stayed standard with both, but there nice when you are all rain geared up in heavy coats. but in the summer its a bit loose. I will just have to buy another and swap out summer to winter :;

Nick, I got a set of Baja Ultra SS'S Wide and am very happy with them. Ive also had the reg width seats and i think wide is well worth the money. I have a brand new set of wides sitting in the shop if you want to seat in it and see how you like it before buying a set. Call me if you want to stop by.

yep, if i would do it over I would have stayed standard with both, but there nice when you are all rain geared up in heavy coats. but in the summer its a bit loose. I will just have to buy another and swap out summer to winter :;

and I'm pretty sure that'll require a new set of mounts

Latest posts