• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Feeler thread... Anyone looking for a samurai platform?

FireballXL5

Might be looking to sell the second samurai I picked up to swap out the axles into mine... I don't think I will need to try and keep/maintain 2 wheeler rigs at this time... So, just testing the waters to see if anyone is interested to buy a sammi.

Some of the pros:
Locked front and rear samurai axles, front truss and diff armor, high steer, brand new 4.7:1 t-case gears, motor ran beautifully the short time I drove it onto/off of the trailer, 5x 33" swamper tsl's, jeep springs SPOA with stretched wheelbase, front welded up for a winch, may or may not come with the aftermarket hard top.

Some of the cons:
Needs shocks mounted up(came with 2 sittin in the cab), front seats are from a different rig and need to be bolted up rather than zip tied(could also throw in some poly racing bucket seats if interested), I needed to rob the power steering unit off it to work with the high steer when I swapped axles and my old power steering unit was leaking so I don't wanna put it into it, <--- I can remedy this before I sell it unless you don't mind tackling the project yourself. I still need to install some drivelines, but at the moment I'm still using them in my wheeler.

I didn't wheel it, just bought it for the axles and tires... So I dunno what else you'd wanna do to it before taking it to the trails... Wheeling MY sammi around I know what some of the essential improvements and trouble areas are... Sammis are lots of fun, and typically go everywhere I need/want them to go... I just started getting more aggressive with the skinny pedal and started breaking axles... Good thing is they are cheap to replace, and Ive got a bunch of spares I picked up that'll go with it.

Price is negotiable with the buyer, depending on if they need me to finish up all the 'little things' to make it trail ready, or if they'll tackle the projects on their own... Just seeing if there's interest in this little beast. ;-)

Here's a few quick pics of it when I bought it before I swapped the axles and tires... Right now it's sitting in the carport as I put all of my old hardware back under it... I can take more pics later of how it looks with my sammi axles back under it(already installed, you may want to upgrade the leaf spring bolts the PO put in, they're a little small IMO), but you get the picture.

0371BD03-868F-4703-860D-2189E3E9041D.jpg

3C094A6D-AEBB-4D2F-8980-FEF5949A37FD.jpg

I know right! Was one of the bonuses of buying that rig... I think I would have to modify my exo cage to run it myself... Haven't fully decided if I wanna keep it for myself, or if it will help motivate a sale...