• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

few pics of my 4Runner

OH HELL well that is just it ,....now that I have done seen up her skirt ,if I win the lottery I WILL own the damn thing, .....or get you to build me one just like it ;D

That 4 cyl is a peppy lil motor compared to the 22RE it replaced, I loved my tacoma 4cyl far more then the 3.4V6 I had in my prerunner but it was also an auto which sucked satchels as all Toyota autos I have owned do.

Replied with my phone #. I can talk better than I type. thumb.gif

The 3RZ is like the big block of 4cyl motors. This motor is not even in the same category as a 22R. It will actually make a toyota fun to drive. I've drove 4.3 swapped trucks and I'm positive a 3RZ will run off and leave a 4.3. The HP numbers are less but the throttle response of the 3RZ is what is amazing. It will go from idle to rev limiter in a second. From what I've seen they are a lot more reliable than a 22R as well. I've seen them with 300K that never had a wrench turned on them other than routine maintanence. No timing chain issues like a 22R either.

I loaded up the kids and took the runner out saturday. We hit some of the hardest trails at the local wheeling spot and the runner performed great. It's deinatley heavier in the rear than the trucks I've had, but it actually wheeled better than I expected. I climbed some fairly nasty creekbeds and I was surprised at how well it did for a full bodied rig.

damn love the yota! I'm gonna copy your front exo when we redo mine, we almost have the same setup but different gears and a turbo motor

Re: Re: few pics of my 4Runner

It's a unicorn :****:
Nick is now in the restoration and fishing business, he don't have time to wheel anymore. He's almost junior Bill Dance!

Rokcrler said:
Nick is now in the restoration and fishing business, he don't have time to wheel anymore. He's almost junior Bill Dance!

Nothing wrong with fishing. He did a great job on that 4runner. I was going to ask him how happy he was with the 3RZ swap. Thank you for the update.

Rokcrler said:

:afro: Gotta have a break once in a while.

It's still around. As for the 3RZ, it's awesome. If you get used to driving one with a 3RZ, you will never want a 22R again.

Went by his place not long ago, tires are dry rotted, got old gas in it. Bushings falling out of the springs... It's a sad sight, but that new truck sure is clean!

What can I say? I've lost all hope since I can't keep up with ya'lls one tons and sticky tars. Might as well go fishing. :fish:

It'll be back on the trail after this weekend. Now that I'm done with my first gen resto, I'll get the runner in the shop and do some much needed maintenance.

Here's what I've been working on for the last several months.

100_3342_800x600.jpg

bluetoy said:
:afro: Gotta have a break once in a while.

It's still around. As for the 3RZ, it's awesome. If you get used to driving one with a 3RZ, you will never want a 22R again.
No lie... after driving his runner, i didnt want to drive my 22r.. im wanting to do the swap as well.

xjkrawler said:
Nick is the Toyota whisperer. Has built some of the cleanest yotas around.

Nick let me know of you want to sell those Baja claws :)

No joke! I wish I could afford to let him do some work on my lil Toyota :****: