• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally got to do some wheeling, couple pics and questions.

BroncoMike1

Finally got some decent tires and my locker installed and decided to head up later this afternoon. Overall, it went pretty well. I'm surprised I made it out with as little body damage as I did. I only ran the Upper Mainline and the EZ Connector but I have to say, there was some serious pucker a couple of times, my Bronco never seemed so huge before. Here's a couple of crappy phone pics, I didn't have my camera with me. I definitely need to go a bit taller but if I go to any taller tire, I HAVE to re gear and it's not in the budget right now. Nothing snapped, burst or caught on fire so I'll call it a success.

IMG_0025_zpsc9eda460.jpg

IMG_0027_zpsf947acb9.jpg

IMG_0028_zpsdbe70af1.jpg

IMG_0043_zps86244a59.jpg

IMG_0044_zpsbaf6b67a.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsf6bb7253.jpg

Now a couple of questions. Is there any trail etiquette on which direction the trails get run? Some of that was pretty tight and a long way from any place to get by someone. Also, how does the upper mainline rate compared to the rest of the trails there as far as difficulty? I didn't hit anything else, mostly because I don't like wheeling solo my first time somewhere new and I didn't want to have to wheel in the dark.

Just follow me... I won't get you lost or broken! Lol

Actually... I'll probly get you both of those things...

It usually is best to go with a group, just for the unplanned situations... And or trail guides..

I'm not terribly familiar with all of the trail names... So I can't exactly tell you which ones to avoid, and which ones are alright... I seem to be learning by breaking... When my sammi says no... I guess I'm not 'built' enough for that trail! Lol

Up at walker, I've run into people going both directions on trails... Ain't no thing.. Typically there are a few places to pull over and let others by... It you'll have to find a new spot to pull off the main trail... But... IMO... Not a big deal on a 'right/wrong' direction to the trails... There are a few I've only seen guys go one way... But doesn't mean it IS a one way...

No one way trail at Walker on the 4x4 sections...
Looks like you picked the right couple trails to have a lil fun without major carnage to the body...There are a couple others you could run, but there are a couple that more carnage would be eminent....
:awesomework:

Thanks for the invite Fireball, I'm familiar with your infamy. I think there's a few places your Sammy would fit that my Bronco might have a bit of a problem.

Zukkev, which trails should I avoid? Body damage doesn't bother me but I have a feeling there's some spots I'm just not built for.

I saw you pull in while I was loading up...Red,white and Blue flatbed with Dirtbike on the back. Thats a pretty nice truck to be beating at Walker....better get some armor and another rig to go with:beer:

That truck is awesome! I wondered if it was somebody from here.

I hear you on beating it up, I don't plan on really hammering it but I like to know what it will do. Parking and finances don't allow for a dedicated trail rig so this has to be a do it all truck and I don't mind the dents. It is a truck after all.:beer: I would like to pick up another Scout some day, that's all I used to wheel and I've had nine or so.

I built some sliders that go under the doorsills, the don't protect from side damage but the keep the rockers from getting crushed. They work pretty good, they definitely saw some action.

I don't mind calling some trails off limits, I just need to know where not to go.

I'd just learn by trial and error! ;-)

Hope to wheel with ya sometime soon! You can watch me break stuff at 5000rpm!!! ;-)

most of the trails up there you will be able to get threw without any damage if you go slow and have someone to spot for you:awesomework:

Well, who wants to spot for me then>:cheer: I actually wouldn't mind going up this weekend. I am also planning on going down to Reiter on the 21st. I'll post a who's going in that forum but we should get a caravan going for that.

I recommend either joining a 4x4 club or going with a group.

It's great to get out and wheel, but even better when you know you have a support group to get you out when you are past your limits.

PS. Fullsize wheeling FTMFW!!!!!! :awesomework:

Isn't this a group and/or club sort of?:redneck: Seriously though, this is pretty much all I've got. I used to wheel with a couple of friends or my brothers but they either moved away or don't wheel anymore. I wouldn't mind meeting some of the local members anyway.

Agree on the fullsize wheeling, go big or go home.

NWW a club???? :haha:

This site is more like a local shop were all the red skinned necked brothers of the PNW meet to bitch, whine, sell, bitch, and wheel occasionally..... Lol in essence it's awesome but not a devoted club. My group should be heading one weekend shortly if you would like to tag along :awesomework:

Latest posts