• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Finally switching to a 6.0 cam question

motomx710

Finally getting around to swaping a 6.0. Going in tube chassis 1 tons 4.88gears th350 np205 44 swampers. My question who do go with for a cam?

Call Texas Speed and talk to Derrek. Tell him what you are after and he will send you on the right direction. Don't be surprised if he talks you into heads too though.

motomx710 said:
Finally getting around to swaping a 6.0. Going in tube chassis 1 tons 4.88gears th350 np205 44 swampers. My question who do go with for a cam?

If you have a low pinion 60 you better get one that sounds good at idle, because you'll want it to at least look & sound cool when you are broken down on the side of the trail :****:

muddinmetal said:
If you have a low pinion 60 you better get one that sounds good at idle, because you'll want it to at least look & sound cool when you are broken down on the side of the trail :****:

I remember a time where a LP60 was basically unbreakable. If you had one your were a god. :)

patooyee said:
I remember a time where a LP60 was basically unbreakable. If you had one your were a god. :)

But that was when everyone's "400" horsepower sbc only put out 200 if they were lucky & 44s were every offroaders dream more than a reality

muddinmetal said:
But that was when everyone's "400" horsepower sbc only put out 200 if they were lucky & 44s were every offroaders dream more than a reality

Yup. And I was running 44's on my LP60 with my "400hp" 200hp SBC and begging manufacturers to make a chromo 35-spline shaft because I broke a stock Spicer shaft every trip out. They all said I was crazy, no one could ever need a shaft like that, they wouldn't sell.

matth_85 said:
Call Texas Speed and talk to Derrek. Tell him what you are after and he will send you on the right direction. Don't be surprised if he talks you into heads too though.

This

And i am running their heads too 8)

BTR x2. He and TS will try to get you to buy a package. If you have the coins you should listen. If I were going to buy one over the other I would go with new heads w/o springs and as soon as I could, get a cam and spring combo. The head, cam, spring and gasket kit is the way to go. I know you didn't ask about heads but your springs are going to limit your choices in lift assuming you have OEM heads on the engine.
RTR

Don't you love camming motors. A $1000 cam job balloons into a $6000 engine build in no time flat!

What did you go with from them? I just did a LS1 for my 69 Camaro with a lot of their stuff. I should have it going here pretty soon. Ready to see what she will throw down.