• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fire Safety NO EXCUSES (A fire ext quick disconnet Build Thread)

69205f36cdfc81ec78eb04506f6bc445.jpg

018bebcbc702c920c664afab30788ba8.jpg

Didn't have any gas for the mig so had to tig them together. Went together like a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridered3 said:
Looks great :dblthumb:

Once I get some paint on those mounts, what is everyone's recommendation/preferences for actual extinguishers?

Curious if I should go with a typical fire extinguisher, something like the FireAide cans (link below), or something else I am unaware of.

https://www.bustedknuckleoffroad.com/FIREADE-Personal-Extinguisher-FireAdeExtinguisher.htm?categoryId=-1

I would want something bigger than that. I have just your standard ABC on mine. I think they are 3#'s maybe. about 2-3" in diameter maybe 18" tall???

jeeptj99 said:
I would want something bigger than that. I have just your standard ABC on mine. I think they are 3#'s maybe. about 2-3" in diameter maybe 18" tall???

Yeah that's the plan in terms of bigger vs the default one shown on the website. The cans come in 10oz, 16oz, and 22oz, which is still smaller than the extinguisher on your Jeep.

Just curious about everyone's opinion etc.

My plan is a 5#. Supposedly those fire aid cans pack a hell of a punch though for the size that they are. I'm not sure what they're equivalent would be.

I run a 5lb in the rear and (2) 2.5lb on my B hoop, 1 behind me and 1 behind the passenger.

I could see running those right next to you for that super oh **** moment. I just have a hard time trusting an aerosol can.

Latest posts