• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fireworks???

patooyee

I always buy fireworks for New Yeas Eve. I've always tried to keep the budget at $100 or less but am always disappointed with what I get. Last year I tried the ole moto "what you spend is what you get," by spending $200 on the bigger stuff at the fireworks stand but it wasn't much better than the $100 or less of years past. I see everyone around me in my neighborhood launching huge fireballs in the sky, etc. that are way cooler than mine. Where are they getting theirs and how much do I have to pay for something that cool? I'm willing to spend some money this year but I want to make sure I get something better than I have in the past. What do I need to do? What do I need to buy? What gets the most bang for the buck?

I'm driving from FL to GA tonight and there is a huge fireworks outlet on the way there. Its a store about the size of a Wal-Mart full of nothing but fireworks. But that many choices just makes my choice that much more difficult.

J. J.

Buy before you get o Ga. :****: Last time i was there they said they were outlawed :dunno:. Don't know if they were pulling leg or what but I couldn't find anything!

Rescue1 said:
Buy before you get o Ga. :****: Last time i was there they said they were outlawed :dunno:. Don't know if they were pulling leg or what but I couldn't find anything!

They're right, fireworks are illegal in GA. That's why I will buy on the way there. We'll lunch them off in the boonies where no one will care.

J. J.

Yea you can,t buy fireworks in Ga. :gay:

We just drive across the Al. line on I-20 and buy them at Ranburn exit...2 HUGE places...one on each side of I-20 ;D

patooyee said:
Yes, this is the info I need! So the "real" fireworks are "mortars?" Are there some mortars that are better than others? How much should I expect to pay for them?

J. J.

Sorry, gonna need more than my limited fireworks experiance. I've bought them at stores in TN, but it's been several years.

salutes are just loud booms, possibly bright flash
display shells have colors and patterns,
predators, excalibers, bad ass shells, double trouble peanuts are all good products if you see them, good luck and happy new year!