• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

First ever Half-Door build :D

looking good.

1 question, why is it all the "toyota" guys chop them down with harsh angles, and squared off transitions? why not make a nice contour that is compfortable to lean on?

If a door sucks, then that means a half door still sucks but only half as bad.

No door at all for the win. No suck, no effort. :D

@ CHOP SHOP, but no doors are illegal for the road. except on jeeps cuz they have the tub lip. WA state regulation is you need 6inches from the floor. or i wud just do no doors! :awesomework:

@ everyone else, this style fits my wheeling style. so if you dont want it on your rig, then dont put it on! dont you just love the freedom in this country :D lol

@ CHOP SHOP, but no doors are illegal for the road. except on jeeps cuz they have the tub lip. WA state regulation is you need 6inches from the floor. or i wud just do no doors! :awesomework:

@ everyone else, this style fits my wheeling style. so if you dont want it on your rig, then dont put it on! dont you just love the freedom in this country :D lol

the doors must be above your hips, AND maintain the original latching mechanism.

Your screwed.

the doors must be above your hips, AND maintain the original latching mechanism.

Your screwed.

is that state law? cuz i spoke to the cops here, they said just has to be 6inchs from floor. thats why jeeps can drive without doors. i go wheeling with one of the cops sons, and his rig has tiny half doors too.
i live in Chelan, so maybe since its out in the country they dont care.

Last edited:

Your screwed.
If it came with doors from the factory, it must have doors on it. The above your hips is not accurate.

CJs and MBs came both with / without doors, so it's OK to not have them. TJs and JKs all had doors, so it's NOT OK to run without doors.

However, it's completely up to the discression of the cop. If you're legal looking (mudflaps, quiet exhaust, not bashed up) you can easily drive without doors. If you look 'suspect', then expect to get pulled over for multiple violations (mudflaps, lift, bumper heights,..... and the no doors / cut doors).

is that state law? cuz i spoke to the cops here, they said just has to be 6inchs from floor. thats why jeeps can drive without doors. i go wheeling with one of the cops sons, and his rig has tiny half doors too.
i live in Chelan, so maybe since its out in the country they dont care.

What I typed is state law. It's posted somewhere here. As I said, a good cop and you're OK. An asswipe, and you're not OK.

Read this thread:
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4252

Last edited:
If it came with doors from the factory, it must have doors on it. The above your hips is not accurate.

CJs and MBs came both with / without doors, so it's OK to not have them. TJs and JKs all had doors, so it's NOT OK to run without doors.

However, it's completely up to the discression of the cop. If you're legal looking (mudflaps, quiet exhaust, not bashed up) you can easily drive without doors. If you look 'suspect', then expect to get pulled over for multiple violations (mudflaps, lift, bumper heights,..... and the no doors / cut doors).

What I typed is state law. It's posted somewhere here. As I said, a good cop and you're OK. An asswipe, and you're not OK.

Read this thread:
http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4252
thanks!! this helped alot!!! :awesomework: unfortuantly, i gota sell the rig now:booo: im moving and need the money. gonna post a classified ina couplle days. think ima just put regular doors on to sell it. easier sell. thanks everyone for making this post interesting :haha: