• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

First Quad

L

lowbudgetjunk

I entertained getting my little one a motorcycle with training wheels at first. The more I look, the more I am leaning towards a mini-quad.

I have found a Suzuki lt50 for pretty reasonable. Any Cons to this little quad? It has no battery and is pull start only. Seems like that would keep my little one from taking off on her own. Besides that, I only know a little about Yamaha quads.

1985 suzuki 50 was my first four wheeler I got when I was three. It made it through me and my two younger brothers. I am currently getting it ready for my son. You can't beat them.

Re:

I bought my girl one of those cheap China 4 wheeler for 50 bucks, I put a 20 carb on it and it runs like new.
I didn't want to drop a lot of money on something she may never ride.
The cheap China quads are all over and parts are super cheap on ebay

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
I entertained getting my little one a motorcycle with training wheels at first. The more I look, the more I am leaning towards a mini-quad.

I have found a Suzuki lt50 for pretty reasonable. Any Cons to this little quad? It has no battery and is pull start only. Seems like that would keep my little one from taking off on her own. Besides that, I only know a little about Yamaha quads.

I bought my son a 2004 lt50 2 years ago and he loves it. A screw in the carb backed out and had to be fixed but other than that it has been awesome. He is 6 now and it is almost to small for him. He is a tall kid for his age and caught on pretty quick so he is bored now. I gave $600 bucks for this one. It will carry me around the yard and I'm 260. It has an mixer on it so you don't have to premix gas and oil. I think it is still better than the Chinese imports. I like it so much I'm going to put new plastic on it next summer and give to my youngest son. molaugh

My son had a 2003 LT-50. Good little quad. I was very pleased with it.

My biggest problem was selling it. Took me almost 2 years to get rid of it after he outgrew it. Nobody wanted to pay what it was worth and I wasn't going to just give it away. People didn't want to pay for a used name brand that was easy to find parts and had a dealer nearby when they could buy a brand new Chinese throw away model for half the price. I understood, but it was frustrating.

You get what you pay for. The Chinese ones are cheap and in abundance but quality parts aren't really that available. The parts all over ebay are Chinese junk just like what's on the quads. I've got an 86 Yamaha 60 4 zinger that all 3 of my kids along with my nephew have learned to ride on. I've re-rung it once and it's due again. Put 3 sets of tires on it. I can still to this day mix up some gas and it will start right up. Now my 8 year old is on an 86 trx70 honda that looks like it just rolled of the show room floor and my 9 year old is on a trx90. Try and find a 30 year old Chinese anything out there lol.

Money well spent... Just got to unstick the carb. Been two miles already

eb546f839707ba2545f3d12f59245f3c.jpg

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Looks like you found a nice one!!!!

As said, they are good little 4 wheeler s. That is what mine started out on. Go ahead and start putting money back for the next one though. You can call me lazy or whatever you want, but that pull start will wear your ass out. I always was watching when she rode. However, when she goes 300 years out in to the field and decides to stop and look at whatever the hell is laying in the field, be prepared for the 300 yard walk to restart it for them. :****:

Same deal when in the woods. I'm following in the jeep and she wants to pull over and look at who knows what. How many times I got in and out of my rig on those trips was COUNTLESS.

But at the end of the day it's all worth it. It was fun to watch her enjoy riding as well as having her in the woods "exploring" and seeing nature. She is now 10 and has an electric start Polaris though!

Only thing that I know I need is a vented gas cap. Anyone know where to get one for a 1999 Suzuki lt50 Quadrunner?

I searched and found them for 84-87's I think but not for anything in the 1990's. i also wonder if any other brands will fit the same thread pattern.

If I don't find one in the next couple of days, I might send you some money. Hardest part I have had to locate in a while. Most reference Kawasaki parts so far.

lowbudgetjunk said:
If I don't find one in the next couple of days, I might send you some money. Hardest part I have had to locate in a while. Most reference Kawasaki parts so far.

Not sure on the year you have, but my 2003 Suzuki was identical to the Kawasaki. Only thing different was the badging and color of plastic

My son had a 1995 Yamaha badger 80. It ran great, 4stroke, electric start, and shaft drive. Only down side was 3speed manual shift. Bought a 2003 90 bombardier 2stroke electric start chain drive and it was great and would fly with me on it, and I'm 200lbs. The bombardier was the same as the Polaris of the same size just different stickers.

My brother had several chinese atvs and they all had issues of some kind. The chinese frames are much weaker and break easier than the others. He had 1or2 that ran good but lots of other problems plagued those.