• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Flatbed or regular bed???????

nealcj8

Backstory I have a 2002 F350 single wheel PAIDOFF runs good no issues that I know of. I wanted a dually so I regeared the front end and swapped my rearend out of my truck to make it a dually. I have looked around here for a set of fenders to put on my bed with no luck so I am thinking about building a flatbed to go on it. Who all is running a flatbed and how do you like it and most importantly lets see some pictures of any custom built ones.

I've got some rust popping up in my rear fenders. I've been contemplating a flat bed. Mines just a 1500.

Mine is not custom but I love the flatbed throw stuff on go and best of all if I do wash my truck only half to worry about the front lol

2df0032ea266a971b09f7c6927200a27.jpg

a795ed8d876cd7704ee892eed758944a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jccarter1 said:
I love the look of 4x4 dually lifted a little bit with a flat bed and good tool boxes

There's a mid 80's square body on the outskirts of Oneida thats a dually it's got about a 4" lift ,looks to be about a set of 35's on it. I'd give my left nut and let him have his way with my wife for a night for that truck. :****: I wish I had a picture of it.

I like the CM beds but they are a little more than I want to spend right now because I also want to do some injectors and a Turbo so that's why I thought I would just build my own bed.

Love mine. I'd say you could build your own fairly easy, but cm beds are pretty cool looking

Attachments

• 2017-06-21 22.06.10.jpg
    2017-06-21 22.06.10.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 157
June dog said:
There's a mid 80's square body on the outskirts of Oneida thats a dually it's got about a 4" lift ,looks to be about a set of 35's on it. I'd give my left nut and let him have his way with my wife for a night for that truck. :****: I wish I had a picture of it.

Yeah.....uh......that's mine.....I uhm, will let you have it after the left nut deposit in my bank account and the ride on your wife.....thanks, you owe me one. The truck is really nice. I'll pm you a picture of the truck later.

Re: Re: Flatbed or regular bed???????

whiskeymakin said:
Love mine. I'd say you could build your own fairly easy, but cm beds are pretty cool looking
Can you post more pics?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
Yeah.....uh......that's mine.....I uhm, will let you have it after the left nut deposit in my bank account and the ride on your wife.....thanks, you owe me one. The truck is really nice. I'll pm you a picture of the truck later.

Well I be dam... every time we go thru there I've wanted to stop and check it out. I had no idea it was anybody's on the forum.

June dog said:
I feel like I saw that at gmp last time I was there

The Luke said:
I feel like I saw that at gmp last time I was there

That one was a late 60's or early 70's flatbed on 37's. Trying to post a picture along with this post but not having any luck.

I have a love/hate with my flatbed F450. It is a basic bed with the framing welded to the Cab & Chassis frame, pressure treated 2x6's on top of the framing, with 1/4'' diamond plate on top of the wood, and 6'' tall sides built out of wood. It has plenty of tie down points built into the bed and is 8 foot wide by 12 foot long.

I love how easy unloading and loading things onto the bed are, but I hate how you can't just toss something in the bed and not worry about it moving etc like you would with a standard bed. It is only used for towing purposes on occasion, so it is not that big of a deal.

ridered3 said:
I love how easy unloading and loading things onto the bed are, but I hate how you can't just toss something in the bed and not worry about it moving etc like you would with a standard bed. It is only used for towing purposes on occasion, so it is not that big of a deal.

This has always been my problem with flatbeds. My friends can't get them on their trucks fast enough. I like to be able to throw **** in the bad and not worry about it. Plus I haul a lot of yard crap, and like the sides to just pile **** up in it.

Latest posts