• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ba-Riedo

Got rope?
Anyone have a specific brand or style of boot that they really like to wheel in and still have enough support to move around in the rocks? I have a pair of hiking boots that I like but they are getting pretty worn down. So either I just grab another pair of hiking boots or something a little better for off-roading?

-Alex

Something with good tread but is still light enought to jump from rock to rock. Ankle support is a must there and laced tight for turning ankles. Long pants are good in the brush there if you find some or a rock scrape to the knee. I also bring light mechanic gloves on the trails for rocks and palm rash in a fall or pulling cable etc. Bring some good goggles also and sunglasses. Full frame against the eye socket sunglasses work great or tinted goggles. It gets old between the wind sand and sun. bandanas are good also. :awesomework:

I wear my Danners and they seem to do fine. x2 on the goggles, gets kinda dusty down there

Work boots are danners.
Snow boots are Baffins
Wheeling / hiking boots are either Montrails, or Asolo's
Dress shoes Docks
and i live in my birks.

If your gonna be down int he desert, danner leathers are gonna be way too hot.

I'd get a pair of hiking boots.

I like wearing a boot from Walmart. Can't remember the brand but they are comfortable, durable and waterproof.

Wear some kind of leather hiking boot or a mid-top "trail shoe". Full-on combat boots or work boots can get heavy. Athletic shoes aren't quite beefy enough.

Skip sandals--there's lots of sand and stuff to poke your feet! The desert is mean to forest/mountain peeps like us! :redneck:

Larry is right--long pants are great--but bring a pair of cargo shorts--sometimes it actually gets hot during the day (but keep your long pants close...'cause it gets damn cold when the sun drops!!)

i wear danner for work, wheeling, and hiking. the only truely waterproof boot made.

Wheeling / hiking boots are either Montrails, or Asolo's.

I started out with a pair of Danners, but found them too heavy for wheeling/hiking...picked up a pair of Asolo Fugitive GTX's & have been pretty happy. Much lighter & easier to work the pedals with, plus still water proof.

Asolo Fugitive GTX Hiking Boots

21d43292-21a8-4062-85c9-5a55673b99a2.jpg

A guy I work with is on his 3rd pair & I will purchase another pair when mine wear out :beer:

3/4 height hiking shoes is what I normally where out there.

Got to be comfy enough to stand in, walk miles in and climb rocks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.