• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

? for Al links... 2in 7075

jrhall said:
Looks like flippin it and runnin it harder seems to be the option my cheap ass is taking...

i know comp guys do this.
if i ever bend mine which i don't think i will that's what im gonna do until its time to replace them

One of my 2" AL rear lowers bent first trip out. Been running it for a year since (but the last 4 months been running on jackstands in the garage :flipoff1:).

my only question id say( and i dont think this will happen)

Say i flip it, hit it on the bend fairly hard, will it snap in 2? just from what little i know about Al, bending back in forth, ect....

jrhall said:
my only question id say( and i dont think this will happen)

Say i flip it, hit it on the bend fairly hard, will it snap in 2? just from what little i know about Al, bending back in forth, ect....

Yes !! You are screwed for sure !!

Seriously I don't see that happening - if it were bent in a bad way maybey it would break but would need to be fatigued a lot more than what you have.

None of them are going to be completely bullet proof but they should be quiet a bit of difference. And are you sure they were 7075 and not 6061?

Dickson Offroad said:
None of them are going to be completely bullet proof but they should be quiet a bit of difference. And are you sure they were 7075 and not 6061?

Well, im shooting for them to not bend. Granted, 4600lbs bouncer with 40in lowers is goin to be hard to do. Im sure.
I may switch back to steel links with gussets.

Find out if they were 7075. If they are not bet that would fix your problem, there is alot of strength difference between the two.If you want to get the alum and bring it to dickson I will drill and tap them for, got to do three sets friday anyways.

2in .250 wall 4130 heat treated links ? ?
The prices would run around $130 a link i believe... only would need 2 lowers..

Think that these would be a significant upgrade? They are what im leaning towards now.

Yeah that material is pretty bad ass. Looks like the al links are self clearanced now, run em like they are! That is about what John G's links on the rear of the single seater look like and he has run em like that for years.

Latest posts