• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

For all of you guys with tube chassis'

nickb

Im looking for some input on these parts I have drawn up. I'm wondering what configuration you would find most useful before a I do a run of them.

These are drawn up for 1

I'm not a big fan of those designs, seems as like they would hang out there a ways. Closer to tube the better. Going around the shape of the tube is more ideal than hanging out. Like side by side the other way than the way you have it :redneck:

Thanks for the input. I can draw some other stuff up keeping the lines closer to the tube.

Here is my stance as a fab/welding person.
I would just burn a stud or nut on and use a low pro clamp so the lines run on the tube, not out off the side like overhead powerlines.

The kinda clamp you have designed seems to be more popular with the "oh **** the chassis is painted and I want to add a gadget here" kinda owner thats adding finishing touches.

Those are nice tho. More of a sandrail kinda thing.

I also dont care much for hardlines to be clamped with metal.

I prefer rubber between the clamp and the line.

The cleanest looking line in the would cant stop **** if it has a hole wore thru it.

Maybe move the ports for the brake/fuel line to contour with the tube and open up the hole to be able to have some sort of an isolator. This way it would not put any holes in the lines and would last longer. If done with 1, 2, and 3 hole options then I could see them selling to people who would rather use a clamp then a welded mount to have the ability to relocate the mount if needed down the road if need be.

I might get it drawn up this week. I can grab some kind of rubber and figure that into the sizes as well.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Keep it simple stupid.

And I'd build it for five lines. You can leave some blank, but having extra holes can be convienent.

Fuel supply
Fuel return
Left brake fluid feed line
Right brake fluid feed line
Wiring for rear lights, fuel pump.

Some (most) won't need or want two brake lines, but the guys who might buy this bracket are also the guys who are more likely to have cutting brakes.

Make the 'wiring' location larger. Some guys go so far as to run two fuel pumps, rear electric radiators fans, and who knows what else.

Last edited: