• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

For sale ads

creepycrawly

When I post something for sale, I try to ask myself if I answered all the questions a buyer may have. While I understand that this isn't always possible, I feel that the big 3 are essential.

1. How much will it cost me?

2. Where can I pick it up?

3. What does it look like? (I.e. Pictures)

So my question is why would you NOT want to answer these 3 questions for potential buyers or to weed out as many dead ends and tire kickers as possible? I personally do not like dealing with Joe Public when trying to sell **** because there are weird folks out there who have no common sense.

Re: For sale adds

I rarely sell stuff.

But when I do, I only list it on hardline.

The rules for the classified require those 3 things. Works for me.

I am the same way. I try to post enough info to where I dont have to answer alot of questions. I know alot dont like to and I know why now but I ALWAYS put a contact number. Drives me crazy when I find something I want and cant get ahold of someone.

Disclaimer: Not sure where I put my trailer at that is causing so many heartaches but I have had 5 calls now that are some foreign person wanting to sell my trailer for me. Want to come pick it up and put it on consignment at their for "sell lot". It almost exact same stories you hear on CL but it is a live person. Anybody else ever heard of these calls?? My first experience getting them. On a plus side I have really good insurance on it so if I was a sorry person just tell them to come get it and claim my insurance money. Hahaha

Ya gotta admit that one the other day was classic... Can't remember exactly but it went something like ....
" I think I wanna sell my truck . Text me "
Hahahah. Ahh man what I would give to be fly on the wall when that dude was posting that ad... Jeeeez. Man it's everywhere Drue. Ha. I kinda, just a tiny bit get the photo on here is hard to grasp... But man, the same **** on all the Facebook classifieds. The best part... You push 2 buttons to post a Fukin pic! I swear it couldn't get any easier. Hahaha and some folks still don't ... :****: I'm like you... Why? For the love of God why?

kushKrawlin said:
And is it for sale ads? Or for sale adds? The way you spelled it looks weird.

It's a for sale "ad" not "add". "Add" is like you add 1 + 1 = 2.

and for the love of all thats holy, if you say its 'for sell' I generally assume the seller is a moron I dont wanna do business with.

Punkin85 said:
It's a for sale "ad" not "add". "Add" is like you add 1 + 1 = 2.

You are both correct. And I am typically a grammar Nazi. Thanks for the help.