• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

forklift tank filling

84YotaBoy

Just curious as to where everyone fills up there forklift propane tanks i live in covington and ive taken mine to a few places and everyone says they cant fill them because the design is to dangerous.....where is a place to go thanks

Weird! I fill mine at local gas stations with no issue. Theres a place in blk diamond that sells it really cheap.

King feed in eatonville. Only issue I ever had was my tanks were out of the dot certification so I had to go to black bear outpost in spanaway to have them re-certified

Larger feed stores or lumbar yards are usually safe bets since most of them use propane powered forklifts.

Black Bear here in Spanaway is a cool store for repairs or parts or gifts, but he RAPES on propane prices.

He is consistently 50-75 cents more a gallon than many other places on the same strip.

I cant speak for the black diamond store tho.

I had him revalve and cert a tank for me a year ago. He got all kinds of butt hurt when I asked him for my old brass back. Then he was extremely puzzled when I did not want the tank filled. He just could not understand why I would fix an empty tank and not fill it?? He finally asked if I was having it filled somewhere cheaper (BB was 2.79 gal) and I told him that South End HArdware was only $2.00/gal.

He instantly matched the price like nothing. To drop a third of the price on fuel tells me he is gouging pretty badly.

But they do like to haggle and I like that on parts and supplies.

Black Bear here in Spanaway is a cool store for repairs or parts or gifts, but he RAPES on propane prices.

He is consistently 50-75 cents more a gallon than many other places on the same strip.

I cant speak for the black diamond store tho.

I had him revalve and cert a tank for me a year ago. He got all kinds of butt hurt when I asked him for my old brass back. Then he was extremely puzzled when I did not want the tank filled. He just could not understand why I would fix an empty tank and not fill it?? He finally asked if I was having it filled somewhere cheaper (BB was 2.79 gal) and I told him that South End HArdware was only $2.00/gal.

He instantly matched the price like nothing. To drop a third of the price on fuel tells me he is gouging pretty badly.

But they do like to haggle and I like that on parts and supplies.

When he did the recertification on my tanks it was $7 and in five years he'll re-cert them for free. Seemed fair enough to me. However I opted to not have him fill either, King feed was considerably cheaper and on my way home.

You are defiantly going to the wrong places to get filled

Sounds like you have some good options, I get mine filled at the local Central Welding shop. Cheaper in my area, and they know what they are doing. Hit up the local welding shop and see what they can do for you. Should be no problem filling a forklift tank