• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

French Tickler buggy

onetoncrawler said:
Updates????

Thanks for bumping this up !

Last update wasn't picture rich so I'll try to correct that.

Built some floors. Went with expanded metal for weight and ease of clean up.
Lori gave me the leftover sheet of metal Patrick used on his rig. I love that I'll have a few things coming from him on this buggy.
I'm happy with how they turned out.

IMG-8752.jpg

IMG-8751.jpg

IMG-8754.jpg

I finished the fuel system plumbing. Uses a stock in-tank 2002 Silverado pump and a corvette filter/regulator.
I went back and added hose clamps everywhere after I took the pics.

IMG-8829.jpg

You can see on this pic that I added firesleeve on the main feed line, just because the exhaust is kinda close and for abrasion protection.
I installed the atlas for the 6th and last time (I hope) after realizing the t-case adapter wasn't drilled right the first time. 74weld made it right and provided me with a new one free of charge. I still had to pull the mofo one more time. I also added the shifters and upgraded the linkage to heim joints instead of the standard e-clips that were broken/ready to break.

IMG-E9210.jpg

Shifter cable got some firesleeve too, and will get a little bracket to keep it from touching the muffler, just in case.

IMG-8985.jpg

Airfilter is in. Very hard to install :D

IMG-8931.jpg

Scored some tires and wheels of a HL member

IMG-9066.jpg

Added the rad overflow tank

IMG-9051.jpg

Plumbed the rad and started on the PS system

IMG-9249.jpg

Had to get creative on the orbital valve since all the hose are crossing each other ::)

IMG-9235.jpg

PS cooler and light bar mount

IMG-9248.jpg

Changed the PS pump inlet to AN12, which required removing the pump housing (I'm running a P-pump). But in order to do that I had to remove the motor mount due to the 1 bolt you can see here. :flipgotcha:
I modified all that so I can pull the pump without doing all this BS again.

IMG-E8620.jpg

Started plumbing the brakes. As much hardline as possible, except for the links, there is 1 braided hose there, I didn't see the point of making a hardline for that. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.

IMG-9001.jpg

IMG-9251.jpg

Added a V-Band to split the exhaust in 2 pieces and make it easier to remove.

IMG-9246.jpg

Also added the O2 sensors.

IMG-9252.jpg

IMG-9254.jpg

Current tally

IMG-9245.jpg

Looking good.

Are you not running a mass air flow meter at all?

And fire sleeve is awesome. Lack of it cost us a finish in Arkansas due to a melted throttle cable

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No MAF. Trying to keep it simple.

My tuner (James Schofield from Schofield Performance) said it's not ideal but it can be done. Turnkey Engines don't come with one and I know plenty of people happily running a speed density tune.

I definitely hope I don't need to add one, because I've got no room laughing1

I'm half-assing my carrier bearing mount tonight since I ****ed the original up last night.

Then I'm going to half-ass the steering ram mount some time this week :woot:

It's a new ram, but I'm going to use some used fittings and bolts on it, does that count ? :dunno:

laughing1

Started on the shroud and interior.
Sheetmetal work is tough. Long learning curve.

Big thanks to my friends Donny and Amanda for loaning me some tools and helping/hanging out with me.

IMG-9588.jpg

IMG-9616.jpg

I keep adding **** to the list and pushing it out.

Hopefully June but not holding my breath.

Gonna wait on Holley to release the Terminator X EFI with 7" screen and CAN connection to run the engine.

I still got a couple major purchases to do big bells & bumpstop mostly.

I got $5 says it will be done before P's is and $10 says it's done an entire year before 5Bros Rockwell swap.

redneckengineered said:
Project started 11/1/2008 http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=4299.0

Solid bet sir but you need someone to take the other side to win any money :rolf:

It's been done and re done since then, I just don't post much here. That said, yes my passion for it has been very lacking for many years :flipoff1: It's currently off the lift and close to playing. I'll take any of y'all's bets about Enzo beating me :****:

Working on interior panels. It's taking forever and I'm nowhere near the level of quality of Tim from Bent Fab.

But it turned out "ok" for my first set I guess.

IMG-9924.jpg

IMG-9925.jpg

IMG-9930.jpg

As you can see, there are many little mistakes and stuff I could have done better. Main thing is to take your time, install and remove 100000x billion times to check fitment and if you're concerned by scratches, make sure to protect them with masking tape or use panels that come with a wrap from the vendor. I don't care much about that.
I decided to limit the foot room in order to keep a 3" air gap between the headers and the side panels so I'm not cooking my feet. I'll add a heat shied too. I'm trying to avoid the use of header wrap.
A few tabs are left to completely finish the whole deal but that shouldn't take too long.

I also started on the gas pedal mount. Cable is a stock 2000 1500 Silverado so I can get it at Autozone if need be. I tried to use as many stock parts as I could around the vehicle.

IMG-9932.jpg

Last but not least, I ordered a Holley Terminator X ECU and should get it late April. I've been a giant fan of the product since it was presented and I can't wait to have it in my hands. :smoke:

Bebop said:
Last but not least, I ordered a Holley Terminator X ECU and should get it late April. I've been a giant fan of the product since it was presented and I can't wait to have it in my hands. :smoke:

flashemifyougotem That terminator system is really gonna change the game for projects like the majority of us have.