• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

front axle caster angles???????

yjkrawlin

does anyone know the correct caster angle( between what degrees?) for a soa set up? workin on my yj with a wagoneer dana 44 soa, with reversed shackle. thanks:beer:

I put mine at about 5 degrees. I also have the shackles in the stock location. With the shackle reversal, you may end up having to cut and turn the knuckles to get a good balance between caster angle and pinion angle.

im hoping not, by eye it looks close, but just want to be sure before putting it all together, oh and the spings are wagoneer 7leafs, moved forward 1.5"

5-7 degrees.

Why are you doing a shackle reversal with soa?

The '90s called, they want their shackle reversal back. :flipoff:

Freeride said:
5-7 degrees.

Why are you doing a shackle reversal with soa?

The '90s called, they want their shackle reversal back. :flipoff:

it makes the washboard roads abit nicer, plus my wheelbase is 105" so dont really care that my axle moves an inch forward while climbing stuff. also it was an easier way to move the front axle forwards.

stock spec

yjkrawlin said:
does anyone know the correct caster angle( between what degrees?) for a soa set up? workin on my yj with a wagoneer dana 44 soa, with reversed shackle. thanks:beer:

these are spec's for a 92' yj. imo, i would put in more caster than less if driven on the street. it will force the rig to drive strait and not wander so bad. good luck:D

Set to Camber 0.0 deg
Caster Manual Trans 6.5 deg
Auto Trans 8 deg
Toe 0 deg
Note: Right Wheel /Left Wheel
Outside Wheel Turn Angle 33 deg
OK Range Camber - 0.50 - + 0.50 deg
Caster Manual Trans 5.25 - 7.25 deg
Auto Trans 6.50 - 9 deg
Toe 1/16 IN - 1/16 OUT in
Note: Right Wheel\Left Wheel
Outside Wheel Turn Angle 32 - 33 deg