• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front Drop hanger ?

MyDixieWrecked

Its a toyota...

Anyone built a drop hanger in the front and how big? I need to add a wee bit of lift. i have ran out of things to trim and it still rubs way to much.. I was thinking a 4" drop hanger in the front and maybe adding a leaf? Any thoughts ?

Might as well go with a 4" body lift. It will look just as dumb as a 4" drop bracket :puke: and be just as stout on the trail.

Please don't install a 4" drop hanger. The previous owner of my rig did that, and it hangs up and looks retarded. I'm in the process of replacing it right now. Like WT said, keep cutting.

if i cared about lookin retarded id put a mask on lol...

Should i just keep adding to the packs then ?

And really i have nothing left to trim the fender is even with thge top of the hood almost

:redneck:

Attachments

• toy fender.jpg
    toy fender.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 106
cut out around where your tires rub on your fire wall and weld in some new sheet metal. wheel spacers are going to make them rub worse:flipoff:

One of the things I think are gay are huge arched springs that make for driveline problems and get damaged easy and dont flex all that well.

A drop hanger lets a guy run a nice cheap, kinda flat, pretty flexy, driveline friendly combo then.

Granted a drop hanger might hang on something 5 percent of its life where a bad spring setup performs bad 100 percent of the time.

Big enough tires make up for a drop hanger anyways.

One of the things I think are gay are huge arched springs that make for driveline problems and get damaged easy and dont flex all that well.

A drop hanger lets a guy run a nice cheap, kinda flat, pretty flexy, driveline friendly combo then.

Granted a drop hanger might hang on something 5 percent of its life where a bad spring setup performs bad 100 percent of the time.

Big enough tires make up for a drop hanger anyways.

:awesomework:

The man does have a very good point :awesomework:

Yes he does.. Or go for the trifecta, a little cutting, a little more bump stop, and a little more hanger drop.

stiff arched springs:rb:
body lift:rb:

Really on the bump stop side of things, some people shy away, thinking they need all that up travel, but personally, I don't like my springs going too far negative. Having the bump stop there keeps me more stable, and forces more down travel.