• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired FS: 2013 Buggy Jimmy Smith Chassis SOLD

DirtyEC

This buggy has left my shop 1 time since it was completed in July 2013 to ride AOP last fall. Otherwise it just sits here. I'm selling it because I have no time to ride. I don't need any trades; cash offers only please.

Chassis: Built by Jimmy Smith in September 2012. Finish work was done by Robin Hood and completed in July 2013. Tubing is all 1-3/4" DOM. Lower Frame Rails are .188", crossmembers under trans are 0.250". The rest is .120". The powdercoat color is Moss Green.

Engine: GM 5.3L, Cam Swap (Comp Cam Part # 54-444-11), Rockers (Comp Cam 19024-16), Springs (Comp Cam 26918CS-KIT), Push Rods (Comp Cam 7955-16), Replaced stock injectors with 38# injectors. Engine Harness provided by Jim's Performance. Engine tuning done by Lane Culver on a Chassis dyno. It made slightly over 250hp to the rear tires with 44" TSL's. Kevko Oil Pan, Walbro Fuel pump. Long Tube Headers were built by Jimmy Smith and Ceramic Coated by Nitro Plate for the finish.

Transmission: TH350, B&M 2000 stall torque converter. B&M Shifter.

Transfer Case: Lomax NP205 3:1, Twin Sticks, 1410 rear output, 1350 front output

Front Diff: Dana 60, 4.56 R&P, 35 spline Yukon Chromoly axles inner and outer, Yukon Super Joints, Detroit Locker, Warn Drive Flanges, Hi Steer arms, 1350 forged yoke. Donor vehicle for the axle was a 1984 GM CUCV truck. It still has the factory calipers and rotors.

Rear Diff: Dana 60, 4.56 R&P, 35 spline Yukon Chromoly axles, Spooled rear, Rear Disk Brakes, 1410 yoke. Donor vehicle for the axle was a 2003 E250 Ford Econoline. It still has the factory calipers and rotors.

Tires & Wheels: Brand new Walker Evans 17" Aluminum beadlocks. Brand new 43" TSL-SX Stickys.

Brakes: Wilwood Pedals and Master cylinders, Braided lines, Brake pads, rotors, and Calipers are stock for each axle.

Winch: Warn 9500 Powerplant, the one with a built in compressor, synthetic rope.

Cooling: Custom Ron Davis dual pass aluminum radiator, (2) 14" Spal electric fans, trans cooler built into this radiator. Coolant runs through the upper frame rails on both sides. Converted all hookups on the water pump to AN Fittings using Wide Open Design adapters.

Suspension: Link bars are 2" 7075 Aluminum, 1-1/4" Heims, Profender 16.5" Travel Coilovers with triple rate spring kit, 4" Bump Stops on front, Limit straps front and rear.

Steering: PSC Hi volume Pump, PSC 8" Remote Reservoir, PSC lines, Steering Valve came from PSC. I think it is 9.7 cc displacement. Cylinder is 2" bore with 8" stroke. Power steering cooler is a finned aluminum 12" Trans Cooler. Tie rod is 1-1/2" solid steel with 7/8" rod ends.

Other: Fuel Cell is ¼" thick aluminum with powdercoat finish (around 14 gallon capacity). Skins are aluminum with powdercoat finish, firewall is steel & powdercoated. Aluminum trans tunnel/floor pan with Line-X finish. Corbeau Seats and Harnesses. LED lights front an rear were purchased from Rednecklights. ½" Aluminum skid plate under trans, transfer case, and oil pan. Autometer Gauges and Tach. All fluid lines on this buggy are stainless steel braided with AN Fittings. Complete front and rear spare driveshafts. 120" wheelbase. 70.5" high, 23" belly height, 58" wide.

Price: $35,000 like it sits ready to ride.
$34,000 without the winch
$31,000 without the tires and wheels
$30,000 without the tires, wheels and winch

Contacts & Location:

Pictures:

Re: FS: 2013 Tube Buggy Jimmy Smith Chassis

DirtyEC said:
I don't need any trades; cash offers only please.

I know you don't want trades but I have to offer a 2005 Wrangler Rubicon One Ton Trail Rig and a 2007 Ram 2500 Hemi

BTW...............Bump to the Top for a cool looking Buggy!

OTS said:
I know you don't want trades but I have to offer a 2005 Wrangler Rubicon One Ton Trail Rig and a 2007 Ram 2500 Hemi

BTW...............Bump to the Top for a cool looking Buggy!

I appreciate your offer, but I'm not looking to trade. Your Jeep and Truck truck would just be sitting the same way my buggy is now. Thank you though.

Rode with this buggy very nice and detailed wish I had the coin . hitit

Was in this buggy on her maiden voyage @ AOP.... White knuckles is a understatement. Bump to the top for a wicked built machine....