• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

full size gmc sas

jeremybigs

so i found that my lift on my truck was some tuff country crap lift. and i found some brackets that were cracking or already cracked and was getting lots of wobbles on the highway. looking into new lifts most are pretty expensive and are still ifs that i didnt like so i got a set of 1978 ford f250 3/4 ton axles from a buddy for $400. dana 44 front with drivers side drop and a 60 rear. than went to sky-manufacturing for there sas kit for $350 with front hanger bracket and shackles and a bracket for the shackle. its a bolt on kit but i decided id bolt it on and weld it just to be safe. had greensheild make me some longer brake lines for $90 and new u bolts from albu brothers for $40 all i have left to do now is steering and new wheels and tires. the original drivline ended up working so i didnt have to make a new one in the front and the rear is slid out a little more then it was before but will be ok. what i did for the rear is made a very wide perch out of 6" box tubing and drilled holes in it to just use bolts to hold the spring down instead of u bolts. anyways thats all for now. total cost so far $880. heres the pics.

Last edited:

Latest posts