• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full size wheeler

nskyline34

I have a 2001 ram 1500 QC/SB with 33's. anyone know of trails I could hit? Also some beginning mods to be more trail ready for our area? I live in Renton.

I heard Evans Creek is easy.....:haha:

Just PM Chop Shop or Crazy Days and they will tell you how to get there.

honestly, that thing is going to get trashed, or a parade of breakage. if your still interested I agree with Tahuya

if you wann wheel the serious trails it will be a raisin in no time! body damage WILL happen on northwest trails in a fullsize wheeler.that being said tahuya is your best bet for easier trails with lots of room for the bigger truck,elbe is doable in the summer when its dry,but still very difficult to get thru there without a dent..i doubt you fit the width restrictions at evans..

You have a quad-cab, full size.

There are NO trail systems which are designed to fit you.

Those whom recommend Tahuya, are either recommending it due to it's relative ease, or without regard to the size of your vehicle.

Washington State trails were all built eons ago, by guys (and gals) in flatfender jeeps. Over the years, those trails have evolved, and you can reasonably fit pretty large vehicles thru them. I'm quite sure, a full width Blazer or Bronco will fit in most trails. However, the LOOOONNNGGG wheelbase of a quadcab will make turning thru the trails virtually impossible without substantial body damage and/or taking incredibly long travel times, perhaps with winching, and/or, jacking (highlifting) the vehicle around.

There may be some 'roads' you can wheel in Tahuya, but the 'trails' are going to crunch you.

And that's my opinion. And I'm sticking to it.

I wheeled a full size for years. Didn't take long to destroy every panel on that truck. Went through a couple windows, a mirror. It's not ideal... Save the full size for the towing and invest in a yota or jeep. You'll enjoy it a lot more.

I have helped large rigs get through tight trails before, so I know it can be done..

The trick is having a "friend" in another rig following close behind so when you need a little help he can assist by pushing/ramming your trucks corners, bumper, and tailgate. "Shunt steering" --a demo wheeling technique--

I heard Evans Creek is easy.....:haha:

Just PM Chop Shop or Crazy Days and they will tell you how to get there.

I drove all the trails at Evans Creek in a 1985 Chevy truck with no problems, even hauled out a abandoned Jeep hardtop that was in the bushes. I was in 2wd almost the whole time.
:hi:

Tahuya.:corn:
542163_10151849290425217_1071494903_n.jpg

224342_10150595163535217_5091438_n.jpg

Don't wheel a fullsize unless you're willing to accept some body damage but they sure are fun and comfortable to drive. There are trails on the eastside that fit a fullsize but one slip and you'll leave your paint for others to see.

I've seen fullsize wheelers on the trails a few times... Even saw a F350 crewcab on some pretty hard trails... Elbe, Evans,Tahuya, Naches, Walker, all fullsize friendly...:awesomework:

Tahuya, is where I would rec. Even tho Evans and Elbe aren't as tight as they used to be, we dont need them any wider by a fullsize plowing thru trails that were built for narrower rigs.

Before the winter closure enforcement and the width restrictions, I wheeled a fullsize all over Evans without any issues... Also wheeled with a lot of fullsize rigs that never had a problem... If it fits between the poles, wheel it...

Everything at Elbe is fullsize friendly...

Before the winter closure enforcement and the width restrictions, I wheeled a fullsize all over Evans without any issues... Also wheeled with a lot of fullsize rigs that never had a problem... If it fits between the poles, wheel it...

Everything at Elbe is fullsize friendly...
Hence my point, things used to be tighter trailwise, with wider rigs come wider trails. I remember the days of people foolishly running a fullsize rig at Elbe etc and it didnt go well at all for both rig and trail and in time the trails lost their appeal because of it. It is what it is now, the damage has already been done and tight technical trails are just a fond memory. Just my opinion tho it is shared by many.:corn: