• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full Time Dana 60

Some 78-79 F-250s did come with the Dana 60 front, it was the HD snow plow option like posted earlier. I have had a couple.

That truck is a great find!!!!!. Ford Truck Enthusiast forum [FTE] is a great resource for info, check out the 73 - 79 section and tell them what you have. It's amazing what those old boys will be able to tell you about that truck.

Oh wow a standard cab f250 with the snow fighter package. That's a new one to me, all the snow fighter equipped f250's I've seen were extended cabs. I know of 4 in my old home town so I don't think its all that rare. But a standard cab with it is odd. What t case does it have?

Last edited:
BTW the wheel hubs probably don't have the outer snap ring groove that retains the locking hub. You can just use it without but the hubs will fit loose or a machine shop can cut the groove in.

That's a clean 'ol Ford...Where the hell did you find that at up here??? With my luck it'll have been right around the corner from me. :redneck: :mad:

It was over on Northwest. A guy at BTC had it. It was no more than just an F250 as far as he knew. I was talking about finding axles for my 4runner that would hold up to a 4bt and he said he would sell me the Ford. I picked it up for about what the axles are worth.

Nice Score---Don't rip that thing apart, as it's getting harder to find good old uncommonly optioned stuff like this...I take it it has the storage bin in the right hand bedside?

Nice Score---Don't rip that thing apart, as it's getting harder to find good old uncommonly optioned stuff like this...I take it it has the storage bin in the right hand bedside?

It's staying intact. Might go wash her up and take a tally on how many u joints need replaced. No no underbed box on this. That was just a standard option.

Cool find and nice score! I would drive and restore that bad boy. Those are some good old trucks and it is cool yours is a special options rig. I would see if you can get a factory spec sheet on it to see if it was a special order rig. That is always cool to have with an old vehicle like this.