• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Funny story of something brought to my shop

fabricator1

Just a funny story of something I've never seen before.
I get this older hot rod guy that wants to do a small block swap in his tj. He's done a lot of older cars and stuff so he puts the motor and stuff in himself. He wants me to put some fuel injection on it because he says it's over his head and looks Chinese to him. He bolts a carburetor on it to bring it over. Says he wasn't sure about hooking up the high pressure tj fuel pump to the carburetor. So he fills the windshield washer bottle with gas and hooks the line to the carburetor. Tells me if It starts to stall, just hold the windshield squirter button for a few seconds :****:

fabricator1 said:
Just a funny story of something I've never seen before.
I get this older hot rod guy that wants to do a small block swap in his tj. He's done a lot of older cars and stuff so he puts the motor and stuff in himself. He wants me to put some fuel injection on it because he says it's over his head and looks Chinese to him. He bolts a carburetor on it to bring it over. Says he wasn't sure about hooking up the high pressure tj fuel pump to the carburetor. So he fills the windshield washer bottle with gas and hooks the line to the carburetor. Tells me if It starts to stall, just hold the windshield squirter button for a few seconds :****:

This DEMANDS pics...and a place in the booty fab hall of fame.

It also reminds me of Kel doing the ole tank switcherooo on the motorhouse. Speaking of which, I need to go back and read that **** again.

I had an edelbrock on my jeep. (Turned around backwards, of course!) and I did the same thing but just zip tied the line on top of the card for when it would stall on a side hill, it still was hooked up normally also. Just push the wiper button turn the key and vroom vroom. I thought it was a common thing to do.
Looking back now may not have been super safe...

Re: Funny story of something brought to my shop

Sounds like it already has fuel injection......manual push button injection........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

He should have just put a return line back to the reservoir and then a pump from the plastic gast tank/seat. When it stumbles, pump some fuel back into the reservoir. When you smell fuel, too much fuel and quit pumping. This is so doable and probably not as illegal as my methodology in the RV.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk