• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

gauge adapter?

Orangecrush87

So i just ordered new gauges from Summit Racing and i was curious on the oil pressure mechanical gauge it comes with a long clear tube, thats like a pig tail. Is there anyway i could get some kind of adapter to go to the that tube so i can mount it anywheres in my cab? Because right now its like 7 feet of tube and i would like it on my part of the dash board so i can look at it easier. Thx for the help in advance! :awesomework:

I don't know how your gauge is set up but usually the fittings for that hose are of a crush style. That allows you to make your tube whatever length you want it to be. Some guys just leave it coiled but I agree that makes for a sloppy installation. When you route the tube the heat from the oil and just time make it straighten out some. I have also seen people soak them in hot water so that they become more pliable; then when they cool they kind of stay in that shape. I hope that answers your question.

First ditch the plastic line and get a copper one. Plastic can melt or break and start nasty fires ask me how I know:booo: You can get the parts to slice the tubing at any good hardware store or you can get longer lengths of it from any speed shop. I would really consider the copper line though.

First ditch the plastic line and get a copper one. Plastic can melt or break and start nasty fires ask me how I know:booo: You can get the parts to slice the tubing at any good hardware store or you can get longer lengths of it from any speed shop. I would really consider the copper line though.

Stainless braided works great as well and comes in pre-assembled common lengths with fittings attached.

Summit sells them as well.

x3 plastic line is :rb:
they sell the copper kits at autozone, just put on a truck for a guy who had oil leaking all over his floor from the plastic one, youre better off to switch it out before you have problems

Thanks alot guys! ill start calling around in auto stores. The here in town only offers another plastic one and it just looks queer. Ill call a couple towns over and check shucks and cut rate out