• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gear Reduction????

My ftoy was around 180:1 in low low with 37" Krawlers. Used it all the time rockcrawling.

I think options are good to have...and you can always grab a higher gear or goto 1:1 in one of the cases.

I have duals in my yota. I have 5.29's in the axles and 2.28's in the front case and 4.7 gears in the rear. I use my 220/1 crawl ratio for rockcrawling and deep deep snow. I use the 4.7 low which is somewhere around 97/1 for more technical trails and such. My stock 2.28 low is somewhere around 47/1 and I use that when i need to generate wheel speed. I like the fact that I have so many options, and that they are so far apart that it seems like there is a gear for any situation. Hope this helps

Yes they did as well as the 6.32 now the only question is the length of the doubler with the shifters? Do i have room ?What are the shifter options? The list goes on.:eeek:

What does the doubler half to do with belly clearance? With the d.d adaptor you can rotate the 3 300 flat and the 241 range box is not any thicker than the d300 tcase?

What does the doubler half to do with belly clearance? With the d.d adaptor you can rotate the 3 300 flat and the 241 range box is not any thicker than the d300 tcase?

your drivetrain combo is so long you need to lower the belly so the rear driveshaft wont bind. I went through it with my YJ and just scrapped the doubler idea and went 4:1 because I wanted a flat belly with as much clearance as I could get. To each his own :beer:

We are going to stretch the wheel base to like 104 so it should be ok? What is you wheel base?

The actual wheelbase numbers are not as important, the only way to know for sure is to figure out the actual d-line length and angles at full stuff & full droop. Depending on where you locate the drivetrain within the chassis can affect the d-line regardless of of wheelbase.

Just use some chalk on the garage floor and draw it out full size.

I agree drive train placement means more than wheel base, but it helps keep drive angles flat. any one else running a round 175 to 1 low range?????????

I agree drive train placement means more than wheel base, but it helps keep drive angles flat. any one else running a round 175 to 1 low range?????????

My old toyota was 190 to 1 in 1st, and somewhere are 175ish in second. I used 2nd alot since i could actually get the rig to speed up more, Instead of revving up and not speeding up.