• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gear shifter hand throttle how u did yours...?

slytowncrawler2

Do work son
I have ran one before.... It was cobbled together at best. As is most my stuff, but was wondering what some of you guys have used/done with best results... Ideas are welcome and appreciated..
I'm getting ready to throw something together for my buggy as I hate the wildwood pedals...hard to roll my ankle to work brake an clutch together with the lil ass pedals. Thanks

I went to local bike shop they had nice small levers, like a trigger. But now I run a pto cable so I can hold high idle during winching.

I thought bout the pto inittowinit, but I'd like for it to be able to idle while someone is spottin me or trying tell me I'm on fire or broke etc lol

I've spent a decent amount off time trying to get one working off the throttle cable linkage on my buggy/22rte with no luck. Really pisses me off because there are certain situations it would be very helpful.

I used a brake lever for a box bike. It's small but easy to operate with index and middle finger while still grasping the shift knob. I prefer the brake lever over the shifter style with detents bc I can modulate the throttle just as I would with my foot on the gas pedal if I didn't already have the other two pedals covered.

Using a bike cable and the cab
E sheath as well to run it to the throttle body.

slytowncrawler2 said:
I thought bout the pto inittowinit, but I'd like for it to be able to idle while someone is spottin me or trying tell me I'm on fire or broke etc lol
Ask birfme. I got his old rig and it works good for me.

I use a line lock on my brakes to hold me. Then flip a switch and go. Works great also works as a temporary park brake.