• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

gearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your wanting a tire for super muddy hill climbing, go with the SX, for just staight out going over the rocks, reds rule! JD went over and climbed the most hard stuff at HPO in 1st gear this weekend with them reds! Viper, Brokefoot, and a couple more! if you really want a education on them, come to Choccolocco and hang out at boatramp! Super slick staight up rock slab, with water running down it all times. Reds will go up backwards, when all other will not go up foward! plenty of videos on the interwebs!

TacomaJD said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh :wtflol:

I hate when people compare the two. They each are at home in their own habitat. On any sort of exposed rock, there is no sticky tire made that will walk all over a red label, period. I don't say this because I own a set, I say this because I've rode with about every other sticky tire out there and seen em all first hand.

They may work great down where yall are, but its different up here in Tennessee and KY. SX's have it hands down here. What I watched last weekend was almost all exposed rock btw. Could also be the difference in the types of exposed rock.

TacomaJD said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh :wtflol:

I hate when people compare the two. They each are at home in their own habitat. On any sort of exposed rock, there is no sticky tire made that will walk all over a red label, period. I don't say this because I own a set, I say this because I've rode with about every other sticky tire out there and seen em all first hand.

Smartest thing you've ever wrote, there are so many factors with the rigs, hp, suspension, air pressure, shocks, drivers etc at play that it is freaking retarded to say one tire is better than the other based on one climb.

I think area has more to do with it than anything. Just like west coast versus east coast. Hardly anyone around here runs reds at all. They just don't work that well here.

I have my own calculator for this stuff, sorry its set to race level shift points.
Shifts zone starts at 5500 and is RevLimited at 7200.
In 2.5 mph increments, you can see in the lower portions as you approach and hit redline.

So, here's what I got for you if you are in 203 LOW & 205 LOW You run out of 1st and 2nd pretty quick!

Shifting at:
1st-2nd 10mph
2nd-3rd est. 22mph
3rd-4th est. 37mph

Re: Re: gearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From trailer floor to top of tire with about 7 lbs of air, they are about 37-37.5" tall. Measuring from side to side, they are a true 39"

agy2a6as.jpg

I measured the rear tire in this pic
u2yjuqyd.jpg

Think my gearing is way to low for the reds. gonna just keep the 44s for a lil while longer.