• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

get rid of my chevy tons for rocks

dodgecrawler2011

Well i put my tons up on the old interweb for sale or trade because i been thinking abouy rocks and what do you know. Two hits right away. They are nothing special 4.10s welded on both ends. I can pick up a set of rocks that are ready to bolt in. Brakes and all. Im only on 40s now. But eventually wanna go bigger. I know its been discussed a million times but im still unsure.

Read thur that whole thing. From what ive read else where they dont do worth a crap in wet stuff? I assume the break loose to easy? Im running a very wore out 318 a 727 and a 241.

That's bs. Don't believe everything you read on rocks. If you can get your buggy to sit right and get your center of gravity right you will love rockwells no matter the terrain. And mine loves wet nasty stuff with cut tires on it it's hard to make mine not climb. Half of what your going to hear about rockwells is from people that's never run them or the ones that had theyre junk 3 ft in the air. If weight down low hurts you then why do people put water in their tires?

If you like wheeling more than wrenching and spending money go with the rocks. Been running them since 2009 and never broke anything on a rockwell.
I'd rather drive on the trailer at the end of the day than worry about a few extra pounds.

Week before last we rode wind roc. no one in our crew was running smaller than 42s.... 43sbroke a chromolie 60 an 43 broke a stock 31 spline 60 in a jeep
We also broke a high nine on 42" Icants.... We easily fixed all three an rode hard the rest of the weekend.
I beat my leaky ass rockwells all weekend on 44s with healthy bbchevy smacking any and every under cut I wanted...
Anything can break and I have destroyed my fair share of rock shafts but nine times outta ten.....I don't have to touch my axles.
An they are not that much heavier after u truss up a 60 an 14 bolt with beefier knuckles that will last.
I have ran both..... I took 60s out to try rocks 8 years ago an have not looked back :****:

Kinda figured it was some rock haters. The jeep is my signature is on rocks and it seems to go pretty good.