• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

get shorty

Cole1

So I've noticed alot of sami guys are lengthening there wheel bases but what about shortening your wheel base? Has anyone here done it? Just wanting to know the best way to shorten the wheel base on my full size chevy k20.

there are 2 ways to go about doin this IMO i like to move the spring hangers forward then cut the rest of the frame so that i dont have to worry about my sectioned frame coming apart

the other is to cut/section/fishplate the needed area of frame out

mine is moved forward using the first method weleded and bolted to the frame
P1010598.jpg

I was looking at both those options but the only thing i was concerned about with cutting everything off and welding/bolting it to the frame is the part of the frame that is notched for the rear suspension. Did your work out good and how much did you move it forward?

So I've noticed alot of sami guys are lengthening there wheel bases but what about shortening your wheel base? Has anyone here done it? Just wanting to know the best way to shorten the wheel base on my full size chevy k20.

Best and easiest was is to Sell it and get a JEEP!! :fawkdancesmiley:

with the lift im runnin (about 4") i dont think it will be an issue and mine is moved forward 15"s from stock it hasnt been wheeled yet but on flex tests i havent had any issues with it hitting the frame

Best and easiest was is to Sell it and get a JEEP!! :fawkdancesmiley:

Shutup Old Jeepin Fag. :flipoff:

Back to OP. Links and coils are your best bet :awesomework: short wheelbase with fullsize axles = No Bueno :eeek:

my buddy Ray did it on his toyota by just cutting off the spring hangers and moving everything forward and welding them back on. he had to put the gas tank in the bed for axle clearance, but everything else cleared fine.

i can bring my welder over for your axle swap party if you want to shorten your **** up... just remember that you'll have to get a shorter rear driveshaft. cheapest way would be to get a used one from a short bed truck or blazer and then move your axle to fit that driveshaft.

Odd yes but how would it wheel? I dont think there would be much of a problem wheeling it. I think it might be better wheeling.

my buddy Ray did it on his toyota by just cutting off the spring hangers and moving everything forward and welding them back on. he had to put the gas tank in the bed for axle clearance, but everything else cleared fine.

i can bring my welder over for your axle swap party if you want to shorten your **** up... just remember that you'll have to get a shorter rear driveshaft. cheapest way would be to get a used one from a short bed truck or blazer and then move your axle to fit that driveshaft.

Thats what i was thinking my buddy down the road has a blazer for sale i i was going to borrow his drivelive for the week. I have the welder already but yours would be easier cause i hate stick welding.

there are 2 ways to go about doin this IMO i like to move the spring hangers forward then cut the rest of the frame so that i dont have to worry about my sectioned frame coming apart

the other is to cut/section/fishplate the needed area of frame out

mine is moved forward using the first method weleded and bolted to the frame
P1010598.jpg

When you tested the suspension how did the shackles on the rear of the frame work? Did you like that set up?