• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Getting aluminum wheels beadlocked

I had a set of forged aluminum wheels beadlocked by Champion before TR was doing it. Where is Jeepmauler, he should be pimpin his company....

Champion does all of our drag race stuff and is killer at their game...

Jeepmauler sent me a pm and gave me the co's contact info.

I just would like to see the product before shelling out $800 for single beadlocks.....

:awesomework: I have two sets of Trail ready bead locks one set is single lock and the other set is dual lock..i like the dual bead locks better!!!!!:awesomework:

:beer:Trail Ready!!!!!:beer:

Dual beadlocks are typically a NIGHTMARE to mount especially with the tighter beads of the comp compound Maxxis or the red label Krawlers.The smaller/narrower the drop well the harder it is to get the back bead over the lip and seated under the clamp ring.At TR we do everything to make it as easy as possible to mount the tires but it is still a BITCH and usually takes a couple sets of hands at least.

We also reduce the ID of the inside clamp ring so it will clear the brake calipers better....but if a guy is running one ton calipers, it usually requires grinding of the back of the caliper so the clamp ring/bolt flange clear.Typically 1/2 ton calipers are not an issue.

Those BL's of dirks are pretty skookum!!They are one of two sets out of the factory Dodge wheels we have done...the other set is on the east coast somewhere.We convert forged wheels all the time....mostly Alcoa

I bit the bullet and just ordered some TR's. Thanks to Larry over at TrailReady for hooking me up with a killer deal on a killer wheel.... :D

I got one of the rings with me, the wheels will be ready in a few days. I like how they will custom tailor the backspacing for you as well. Im thinking 3.25 BS on the 15x9 wheel will be perfect for my rig.

HD Wheel
HD17PSR_md.jpg

World Series Ring with red anodize
TrailReady.jpg

Cant wait to see them mounted up on my junk.... :awesomework:

I bit the bullet and just ordered some TR's. Thanks to Larry over at TrailReady for hooking me up with a killer deal on a killer wheel.... :D

I got one of the rings with me, the wheels will be ready in a few days. I like how they will custom tailor the backspacing for you as well. Im thinking 3.25 BS on the 15x9 wheel will be perfect for my rig.

HD Wheel
HD17PSR_md.jpg

World Series Ring with red anodize
TrailReady.jpg

Cant wait to see them mounted up on my junk.... :awesomework:

Should really think about buying 17" wheels instead of the 15" wheels. unless you plan on staying with 35" and smaller tires.

Less sidewall to flop around, less chance of slicing it open, less chance of blowing a bead....etc...

My lightweight yota barely compresses the sidewall on my 39.5 iroks at 4psi as it is so Im thinking I should be okay to stick with the 15's on this rig not to mention they only have maybe 200 miles on them. :D

My buggy on the other hand will be on 17's.

The more sidewall you have the more the tire scrubs and folds making it harder to hold lines.

That and if you ever want to buy comp compound tires your not going to find any in a 15" wheel size.

Exactly what I thought but I do appreciate the advice. This particular rig is just a trail rig that wont see any competition and seems to do fine on the current wheel/tire setup. I dont want to sell these at a loss and pay full price for set of 17's so I will run what I got. Like I said tho, my buggy will be on 17's.

Less sidewall to flop around, less chance of slicing it open, less chance of blowing a bead....etc...

My lightweight yota barely compresses the sidewall on my 39.5 iroks at 4psi as it is so Im thinking I should be okay to stick with the 15's on this rig not to mention they only have maybe 200 miles on them. :D

My buggy on the other hand will be on 17's.

X2.
I like the sidewall flex and squish I get with my 39.5's at 1.5 lbs of air!!!!

My cj in just a trail rig and I am not a hardcore rock guy so it should do fine.

Those HD15's are friggen gnarly!!!:011::011: That wheel has all the BURL of the 17 but in a smaller,more compact package which = epic strength.

Thanks for buying from TR.....:awesomework:

Those HD15's are friggen gnarly!!!:011::011: That wheel has all the BURL of the 17 but in a smaller,more compact package which = epic strength.

Thanks for buying from TR.....:awesomework:

You musta left early cause Larry and some other guy in the front office were the only ones there. :;

And yes. The wheels are definately the toughest looking aluminum wheel I have ever seen!

When did you come by? I'm clocked in from 5:45 am to around 3:00....usually longer.Lately I've been trying to keep the hours down a bit so I can get home and work on my own stuff

Latest posts