• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Getting an Aussie locker tomorrow, need location to instal this weekend.

slideshow86

I am picking up the aussie locker in the classified section tomorroW or saturday and would love to get it installed this weekend.

My room mate used to rebuild transmissions and 3rd members for a living and he taught me what to do. He moved out last year and took all his sst's with him. I sort of know what im doing, just never messed with a locker (seems pretty straight forward though).

I should be able to do all the work, I really just need to find someone with free space in there garage, a good vice and a dial indicator w/ mag base. I was thinking of just yarding the 3rd member out and bringing it to where ever I do the install. Well that is if they don't have the space to back the truck into to yard out the 3rd member in a dry (possibly warm) place aswell.

I can bring some beer or somthing else to compinsate but am pretty broke right now, working on a right budget. like I said I can do all the work, but it would be nice if someone that has done this before could "over see" what I'm doing so I don't have to go and do it again.

Anyone?

You do not need any special tools to install an aussie. You do not need a dial indicator.

You need a jack, jack stands, an oil drain pan, and a few wrenches and sockets. You'll need something to seal the third member back up to the housing, and some new gear oil. Actually installing the locker into the carrier should take about 5 minutes. For a first-timer.

I didnt get a chance to give you a call tonight, BUT I did line out picking up the locker for sure on Friday.

I just have two questions...
-Are you a morning person?
-Should I drive the truck up there or just bring the 3rd?

Dan, Just wanted to say thank you!

All worked out great and she locks up/ un locks great.. (as soon as I get a winch im going to get some tubing and head over for a bumper :awesomework:)

:cheer: YOUR THE MAN! :cheer:

Dan, Just wanted to say thank you!

All worked out great and she locks up/ un locks great.. (as soon as I get a winch im going to get some tubing and head over for a bumper :awesomework:)

:cheer: YOUR THE MAN! :cheer:

Now how much of the work did you end up doing yourself? :eeek: lol i know how dan is he likes to get things done! :awesomework:

Now how much of the work did you end up doing yourself? :eeek: lol i know how dan is he likes to get things done! :awesomework:

Were you hiding in the corner?? Hmmm I didnt see you there, but you almost took the words out of his mouth! :hi:

He said I "could" do the work but he would rather slam it out and get back to his project. So I agreed and just sat back and :corn: He is vey knowledgable and quickly had it assembled.

I will be spending some $ in that garage soon!

I googled "aussie locker review" and a guy has a LONG review over at YOTAtech. It pretty much prepared me for how it would act on pavement.

So far on pavement its just like the guy says over at YOTAtech. Ive only gotten a chance to drive it about 150ish miles and it acts just as it should.

I had to take a friend to the ER over the weekend so I didnt get a chance to test it out. But so far Me LikeY :masturbanana[1]:

Thanks!

Yes, Dan is one heck of a guy. He will hopefully be helping me on my Jeep when I am ready for a axle swap. Just gotta come up with the $$$ and free time to get over there and work on stuff. He for sure knows his stuff.

Last edited: