• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Getting sponsers for new sxs racing team (Send it Motorsports GNCC build)

SomewhiteGuy

We have been sending out emails like crazy to a lot of companys looking for some support for next years GNCC series races and not really getting any return info, any tips on getting some help. We have a near new 2013 900xp and previous atv racing history with enough bank roll to make it to all the races just need some parts to make the rig more reliable and faster.

Re: Getting sponsers for new sxs racing team

Good luck I've raced and won a lot but still get pretty much zero help I was never looking for any either. In my opinion if you can afford to do it yourself you are better off, nothing like doing really well and not having to thank anyone on the podium just drive off.

yeah that guy finished #3 at KOH last year, and lead most of the race in a Polaris, they even use footage of him in all of there RZR commercials, and they wont give him the time of day. Let that sink in.

ONE thing matters when it comes to marketing - RETURN ON INVESTMENT... Very hard to prove/legitimize return on investment for potential sponsors as a racer. Think about # of impressions - if they spend $1000 on a magazine ad or sticker on your car, how many impressions are they getting?

I've never liked being "that guy" trying to get sponsors. Focus on being outstanding as a racer and building relationships within the industry is the best thing you can do.

As a small business owner I sponsored the Zookimelt last year and a local guy with a figure 8 derby car and I saw 0 return. So as a rule I will not sponsor those again. To be honest most companies with enough money to sponsor you have their own advertising departments and basically don't need some random guy advertising their products. If you win enough, they might come to you but I wouldn't hold any hope. It sucks but that's how it is.

InDaShop said:
yeah that guy finished #3 at KOH last year, and lead most of the race in a Polaris, they even use footage of him in all of there RZR commercials, and they wont give him the time of day. Let that sink in.

It is jab though.. Not sure he's the corporate spokesperson/pretty boy Polaris is lookin for :****:

I'm one good lookin mother ****er. But yeah I hate talking to people I don't know

Re: Re: Getting sponsers for new sxs racing team

TBItoy said:
You can probably get discounts on parts, even 10% helps
Yea that is kinda where I thought it would go, not free but atleast cheaper. On a positive note Rath Racing got back with us and is offering a healthy discount on any of thier parts.

SomewhiteGuy said:
Yea that is kinda where I thought it would go, not free but atleast cheaper. On a positive note Rath Racing got back with us and is offering a healthy discount on any of their parts.

Best thing you can go is go setup your racing as a business, it looks professional, will somewhat insulate you from an insurance/liability perspective, and you can enjoy the tax benefits of writing off some of your expenses.
You'll have to fund the corp, and make regular deposits into its account. Sell tshirts and deposit those funds in there, winnings go in there if you ever get them.
This isnt free or cheap or circumventing Uncle Sam, this is paying the proportionate taxes that the businesses is obligated to pay. Its just a rate that is less than you income rate. So its a discount to paying everything out of your pocket.

I'm not an attorney or tax dude, i pay guys for those services, but its the smart way.

InDaShop said:
Best thing you can go is go setup your racing as a business, it looks professional, will somewhat insulate you from an insurance/liability perspective, and you can enjoy the tax benefits of writing off some of your expenses.
You'll have to fund the corp, and make regular deposits into its account. Sell tshirts and deposit those funds in there, winnings go in there if you ever get them.
This isnt free or cheap or circumventing Uncle Sam, this is paying the proportionate taxes that the businesses is obligated to pay. Its just a rate that is less than you income rate. So its a discount to paying everything out of your pocket.

I'm not an attorney or tax dude, i pay guys for those services, but its the smart way.
My co driver has already setup an llc for this, he is the business sense guy I beat on **** with hammers and build cool stuff.

rednecklights said:
post a copy of the emails you've sent.

what in your racing past would make you stand out ?
Partner has the email, I have raced ama since I was a kid on dirtbikes and atvs with a list of good finishes and we are willing to run companys logo and are willing to commit to run the full season.

Waiting on new dies for the bender but construction on the new a arms will begin this week. Got a couple Solid works renderings going, they don't show plating or gussets but you get the idea. Full camber and castor adjustable and RuffStuff hiems at all link points.

Yep that was a long night. best pic i could come up with though

Are those arched up for extra ground clearance, they look flat in the pics. Nice work thou, looks like you cut the entire front end off and built new.