• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gifford Pinchot Snow Run

Jokenring

Went down to Packwood and met up with some old highschool buddies for a snow run. We went up FR21 and ran into the Swamp Stompers having a poker run with a couple of other groups. We cut behind them and headed to Horseshoe lake. I took off down the road, made it to the intersection for th lake and waited, and waited, and waited until some of the guys from the poker run showed up. Apparently my buddy flopped his rig twice in 500 yards and got passed by the other group. I jumped in line and went in to Horseshoe lake.

My buddies caught up with me there and we hung out, had lunch, then I welded my buddy's clutch linkage back together. Left there and went to Tackalack lake, then out the back way down to Orr Creek snow park with a couple of the Gleed Boyz. We plowed some snow, with four rigs pushing the lead rig down hill to make it through the snow. The lead guys got a lot stuck in a wash and another buddy broke his frame. Welded that back together and continued down hill. Drove into Randle to get gas since everybody was nearly empty and I was rationing off my last five gallons, then back up the highway to FR 21. Got a ticket on the highway and back to the truck by 1 am. Got home at four. It was a fun trip.

Following some of the poker run guys into Horsehoe Lake

DSCN0833.jpg

Little help needed to make the bald tires grab

DSCN0835.jpg

Horseshoe Lake

DSCN0839.jpg

Takalak Lake with Mt. Adams in the background

DSCN0843.jpg

Plow train

DSCN0846.jpg

The lead plow

DSCN0851.jpg

Found a hole

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0854.jpg

Shaving snow with cage

DSCN0856.jpg

Second truck through the hole

DSCN0857.jpg

Found another hole

DSCN0860.jpg

That's all I got. We started as three, and ended up with eight. It was a fun long night, and met some new people. The Gleed Boyz flat get after it.