• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

gm alternator into a toyota

Toyotanut

wondering what application I should be using when asking for a new alternator at the parts store. Also does someone have a wire diagram to splice into the toy harness for said alternator.

Oh this is going into a 85 efi motor.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=alternators&N=700+115+4294880793&Ntk=KeywordSearch

any internal reg alternator will work, you may just have to modify the case. i had to when i went 1 wire gm on my 22r.

went through 3 reman napa alternators in a one year period. don't waste your time buy a new one.

for wiring toyota's have a heavy gauge wire that goes from the alt to the battery just use that one wire for your new alt and you should be ok. discard the other wires tape them up out of the way.

Last edited:
I did a one-wire in my 80 Toyota, used 06 wire. Still in there and working just fine. I had to modify the brackets to get it to fit into the origonal alt spot.

When I did my chev 1 wire conversion, I removed my factory regulator and alternator modified the stock mount to accept the new alternator , And when I bought my alternator from Schucks and asked specifically for a 1 wire I found out it was not a 1 wire but needed an aditional wire from the batteryto excite the new alternators regulator . the new alternator has a 2 prong set up on it in adition to the main wire that went to charge the battery, So I hooked up the extra Port to my charge light, and now my factory charge light works as well. and I have had less problems with the chev alternator. possibly because I don't submerge my truck as much as I used to:D

When I did my chev 1 wire conversion, I removed my factory regulator and alternator modified the stock mount to accept the new alternator , And when I bought my alternator from Schucks and asked specifically for a 1 wire I found out it was not a 1 wire but needed an aditional wire from the batteryto excite the new alternators regulator . the new alternator has a 2 prong set up on it in adition to the main wire that went to charge the battery, So I hooked up the extra Port to my charge light, and now my factory charge light works as well. and I have had less problems with the chev alternator. possibly because I don't submerge my truck as much as I used to:D

what application did you use for your alternator reference?