• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM one-wire on 22R

travisyota83

gettin ready to do the swap but was wondering who has done it. what alt. did you use what wires did you use. the usual questions:D thanks for you input. oh i am doing this on my 83 which is running a stand alone efi set up dont know if that matters or not :eeek:

i put one on my buggy, made/ modified the stock brackets to make work. one wire with no circiut breaker to the batt. it does take a few rpm's at the start up to get it charging. it was like part # 3031? at napa, stock 65 amp. ,summit sells them for like $90 for a 100amp.

Why change a Toyota alternator?

They have a 60 amp (manual trans) and a 70 amp (automatic)

They can also be pumped to 100 amp by any local rebuilder for about 70 bucks.

So again what is to be gained here by going to a one wire GM?

i had the first gen charging nightmare got a factory toyota alternator and several factory regulators and still was pushing 16.5 volts and would decide not to charge randomly so im done with that bullshit. if things worked i wouldnt have touched it otherwise:D

talk too toyparts on our board he used too make these setups using a 120 amp alternator out of a diesel...Oh and the yellow has got too go:awesomework:

Last edited:
talk too toyparts on our board he used too make these setups using a 120 amp alternator out of a diesel...Oh and the yellow has got too go:awesomework:

so hes running two alternators or just the one on the left under the ac? 2 alternators seems to me like a lot of draw on the motor.

but that is a pretty sweet idea:cool: