• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Going to Operation Shore Patrol? You need a form to camp.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
From Moose with the Timber Tamers.

PM me if you need the form and I will e-mail it to you.

In advance - I am really sorry to bring this to your attention, as is Angela from Region 1, as is Brian the Park Ranger for the State Park at Ocean Shores.

BUT (and its a really big butt) - the state of WA is instituting the "need" to get an I-9 (which is an Employment Eligibility Verification form) filled out in order to provide camping in the state park for free - in exchange for us doing volunteer work at Operation Shore Patrol.

My editorial comments (totally of my own opinion) is that the section of the form talking about the "Paperwork Reduction Act" is a cruel irony - right up there with the dichotomy of terms "Military Intelligence", "Corporate Culture", "Jumbo Shrimp", "1st National Loan and Trust Bank" and anything else that smacks of what it really means when a government representative comes up to you acting like he's going to shake your hand saying, "Hi. I'm from the government. I'm here to help you...." (Check to see if you have your watch, ring, and count your fingers afterwards.) With the form being headed "Dept. of Homeland Security" it makes me wonder what they're REALLY looking for. There was one night on the way to Moses Lake a few years ago, my CB went totally off-scale crazy. Then a white cargo van with the legend on the side "Dept of Homeland Security" went by. Once it passed my CB went back to normal. What in the heck was that van looking for?????

But - I digress.

In exchange for providing free lodging in the park, the State of WA is expecting I-9's from all participants. So - if you want to speed things up ahead of time - please fill out the top part (Section 1) of this form, and have a driver's license available to show to the rangers sometime over the OSP weekend. (Believe me - they don't want to have to screw with this either.) I'm told a driver's license will be sufficient, even though the form says it wants a DL OR a passport AND a Soc Sec card. Hopefully - the simplest option is the case.

(See attached file: i-9.pdf)

I've already voiced my opinion of this insanity to Angie - also telling her that I just needed to rant a wee bit - I know she is just the messenger. I'll most likely meekly go fill out the info after all this bluster. If you want to engage in any civil disobedience - be my guest. I'm choosing to pick my battles, and this one ain't it. (Yet.)

My next rant will be about the anti-smoking Gestapo in Cannon Beach, OR encountered just last Sunday on the way home from Moab. (But that's a story for another day.....)

EDIT: From Angie Holm.

Okay, here is the full entire skinny on the I-9 form to be filled out for OSP. If you want free camping, bring your license and your SS card/birth certificate or if you have a passport that will work for both pieces of ID. If you don't want to give your SS# or your driver's license info, then you can pay $19 per night for camping. It is only ONE I-9 form per campsite!!!! !!!!!!!! So, if you have 5 people in your site, only one person has to fill it out. Questions, call me!

Angela Holm

Region 1 Director
Region 1 OSP Coordinator
Pacific Northwest 4 Wheel Drive Assoc.

Last edited:
It should be noted that it was the goverment that came up with this so if you take that into consideration I am sure it makes sense ... to someone ... just not me.

In any event here is a link to the PDF I found on the I-9 form site. Yes they actually have a whole site dedicated to this ......

http://www.formi9.com/i-9.pdf

It should be noted that it was the goverment that came up with this so if you take that into consideration I am sure it makes sense ... to someone ... just not me.

In any event here is a link to the PDF I found on the I-9 form site. Yes they actually have a whole site dedicated to this ......

http://www.formi9.com/i-9.pdf

Thanks dood. Makes it easier for everyone.

"Hi. I'm from the government. I'm here to help you...."

WHAT? I use this line ALL the time......:fawkdancesmiley: :cool:

So Karl,

Your comming to Shore Patrol?

Right now i am going to quote Rhonda "Tell Karl to get his ass back home, she misses you!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I do miss you lightly as well.

Kat

Update

Okay, here is the full entire skinny on the I-9 form to be filled out for OSP. If you want free camping, bring your license and your SS card/birth certificate or if you have a passport that will work for both pieces of ID. If you don

When I filled out the forms for the DNR all they needed was my soc. for L&I . I wonder what this BS is about.

Oh please, since the 60's the tree huggers have infiltrated the government, it was only a matter of time before one got to a position where he/she can F with everyones rights...and this is just another case of said F'ing...in other words we have terrorists, local terrorists, in government positions hidden by red tape causeing all kinds of hell for the common man.

Oh please, since the 60's the tree huggers have infiltrated the government, it was only a matter of time before one got to a position where he/she can F with everyones rights...and this is just another case of said F'ing...in other words we have terrorists, local terrorists, in government positions hidden by red tape causeing all kinds of hell for the common man.

This is a Homeland security issue. It has nothing to do with any kind of enviromental group whatsoever. However I agree that its messed up:booo: